Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Nazca Lines

I've not heard of this, but I hope it's not true. ...I'm also glad I decided to go before they may be being erased.

ETA: Well, there's this.
    Last edited by Toki Wartooth; May 9th, 2009 at 11:26 PM.
    02-07-1943
    05-19-2009
    Papi - R.I.P.
    I love you. Always.

Thanks for the link Toki Wartooth!

I think it is odd how they are so fragile and being so vulnerable to weather like that. I guess that is one thing we can say about whoever/whatever created them. They did so without any damage to the ecosystem lol
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

I wouldn't be too surprised. If these were created by such people as the Nazca, then I'm sure they'd've also been tuned in with nature. Even the Incas seemed so, judging by how they oriented a lot of their temples and cities (particularly Machu Picchu).
    02-07-1943
    05-19-2009
    Papi - R.I.P.
    I love you. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    Many can only clearly be seen from an aircraft.
    All can be seen from the ground, if you count mountains. I've been to Peru, and the Nazca lines. I was even more stunned to be there and see them in person. They pronounce spanish different. I learned in spanish courses that ll was pronounced similar to y but its pronounced like a j there in Peru.

Haven't been to Macchu Picchu but I want to.
    ......with liberty and justice for all;
    For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

The most likely explanation I've come across (mind you, I'm not a Pre-Colombian expert by any stretch, it's just an at-best tangential professional interest) is that the lines are some sort of sacred pathway to be walked by either the priests or whoever wished to. There are ethnographic analogies elsewhere throughout history of this sort of thing - specific pilgrimage routes in Europe and the Levant such as that from Toulouse to Santiago do Compostela, the stations of the cross in a medieval church, processional pathways at Stonehenge or Avebury, traditions of topographically precise processions in the shrines of Ancient Greece, etc.

As for aliens and astral projection - Occam's Razor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2