Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Christian Witchcraft book and website recommendations

FWIW you might check out a book called "Pow-Wows or The Long Lost Friend" by George Hohman - it is a 19th century grimoire of Christian Magic of a very traditional sort (as opposed to the more recently developed variety that appears to be a Wiccan wannabe).

For those witchy-type Christians interesting in relating to the four Elements, there's Water, Wind, Earth & Fire: The Christian Practice of Praying With the Elements by Christine Valters Paintner.
    I have it and i like it!
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Cantrip View Post
    FWIW you might check out a book called "Pow-Wows or The Long Lost Friend" by George Hohman - it is a 19th century grimoire of Christian Magic of a very traditional sort (as opposed to the more recently developed variety that appears to be a Wiccan wannabe).
    here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/ame/pow/index.htm
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

I added some more links to the "master" list in the first post, mostly about Quaker Paganism, marked by double asteriks. I'll mark dead links in the AM when I am more awake but not remove them.

03/29/11 Edit:
    I added a bunch of new links, and reorganized some of them in my original post. (One of the side effects of my new ADHD meds is severe OCD symptoms, can you tell?) I'll probably reorganize my deity post in a little bit, as I have found some more good links... Hope that is okay...
    Last edited by HerbGurl; March 29th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Added some more links. Can you tell that I am avoiding cleaning?
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Add all of the links you want...

And I don't blame you for avoiding cleaning, I try to do that as often as I can myself....
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Add all of the links you want...

And I don't blame you for avoiding cleaning, I try to do that as often as I can myself....
    Oh, good. I swear, the OCD that the Adderall causes is going to be great once school starts this fall, but for now I am channeling it into other researches. I just don't want to get annoying!
    And, I totally understand you about cleaning!
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Did a major overhaul of links on the post for Links on the Goddess and Deity in Christianity. (Most of the links were dead.) More will be coming soon. After lunch, perhaps...

April 19th, 2011
    Edit: Fixed my mistakes! All the links should be visible, and of course, I will be adding more as I find them!
    Last edited by HerbGurl; April 19th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick is almost all Christian witchcraft spells from historical sources. The Great Book of Magical Art and Hindu Magic is also, despite its name, mostly Christian magick as well.

Albertus Magnus is also a classic if not one's mentioned him.
    Last edited by Godgifu; April 22nd, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

Thank you! I will check out both books if I can find them! I'm always hoping to expand my pagan/witchcraft library and those sound like they would be awesome additions to it!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9