Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Christian Witchcraft book and website recommendations

Thank you soooo much everyone!

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemoonwater View Post
    I'm not a regular poster, but I do visit here from time to time when I get the chance!

I saw this on Amazon.com yesterday and wanted to drop by here to add it to this list.

A self-described Christian Witch by the name of Adelina St. Clair has written and has gotten a new book published on Christian Witchcraft.

It's due out July 1, 2010 and is available now for pre-order on Amazon.com. Here is a link if you are interested in ordering it. http://www.amazon.com/Path-Christian...9039216&sr=8-1

Hope you all are well! Blessed be.

I preordered this from Amazon a few weeks before it came out, and read the whole thing in one sitting once it arrived.

I found the book a very interesting read. Of course, as is the case with any such materials, there were things I disagreed with, or things that didn't apply to me, but overall I enjoyed it...well worth staying up a couple extra hours that night to get through it!

I would recommend this book to people that are a bit unsure of where their path is taking them, as it describes the author's journey into Christian Witchery very well, and I think a lot of people can relate to what she went through.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Forthcoming Books
    ChristoPaganism: An Inclusive Path by River Higginbotham and Joyce Higginbotham

....[/quote]

I have this one. It's quite good, although I found it a bit hard to get through certain parts because it was so dry. The last third or so of the book consists of interviews with various ChristoPagans, and I really enjoyed that part...it made it "real" as opposed to "theoretical."

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.

If you could choose three MUST HAVE reads about christian witchcraft... what would the 3 be?

I am about to buy some books and would love your recommendations. I would like to learn more about the path, how tos (for others) you know, how people have set up altars etc... spells... I'm trying to get as much info on every aspect as I can. I was thinking of getting The Path of the Christian Witch as well as the little spell book by the nun ( I forget her name)

But if it were you... What would you choose?

I saw someone on here had posted their amazon shop with their books and will go and have a look next as I bookmarked it to shop later.

I look forward to your help and thank you in advance!
    Last edited by halloweengirl; August 16th, 2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spelling error

Well, I consider myself to be more Pagan than Christian but the one book I recommend for any Christo-Pagan would be "Sister Karol's Book of Spells and Blessings" by Karol Jackowski. It's no longer in print but you can still get it on Amazon. It is the very book that got me on the Christian Witchcraft path. The spells in it are wonderful, as are the prayers and there is a lot of information for anyone who is just starting out. It suggests how one can set up their altar, the use of prayers, how one can thank God for their spells working, etc.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to give me a nudge. I'm no expert on Christo Paganism by any means but I am willing to share my knowledge and experiences.

And if anyone has any questions they wish to post in this particular forum, please do so!! There is no such thing as a "stupid" question. Asking about different things is one of the ways we gain knowledge after all!!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

Thumbs up

I also purchased and devoured Adelina St. Clair's Path of a Christian Witch, although I had to force myself to make the book last more than a single sitting. I thought it was interesting and honest, although the author in me cringed at some of the rather romantic and almost cliche descriptions St. Clair used at times. However, I can forgive these because, as I mentioned, I think she's just being honest. After reading the book now I want to meet her and visit the Crescent Moon School in Montreal!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDryad View Post
    I preordered this from Amazon a few weeks before it came out, and read the whole thing in one sitting once it arrived.

I found the book a very interesting read. Of course, as is the case with any such materials, there were things I disagreed with, or things that didn't apply to me, but overall I enjoyed it...well worth staying up a couple extra hours that night to get through it!

I would recommend this book to people that are a bit unsure of where their path is taking them, as it describes the author's journey into Christian Witchery very well, and I think a lot of people can relate to what she went through.

deep journey | living the spiritual life
    Now offering detailed $7.00 professional oracle and tarot readings via Deep Journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Well, the one I started out with back about 6 years ago is called "Sister Karol's Book of Spells and Blessings" by Karol Jackowski. She was a Catholic Nun who lived in New York at the time the book was published.

It's published by Hyperion Books and was released in 2001.
    this book is lovely! not only is it interesting and a good read for someone just getting started on this path, but sister karol is cute and hilarious at times...i just kept picturing this sweet catholic nun at a bar drinking a bahama mama with a straw...(that's from a story my dad told me about a nun he met). very good book!

i also recommend " the circle within " - by dianne sylvan - very good read so far, i'm about halfway through it. this was recommended to me by another person on this site. not really a christo-paganism book but it explains the reasons behind wicca and how to develop your own spiritual tradition. happy reading!
    - e

- breathe.dance.love.laugh -

Well, I consider myself to be more Pagan than Christian but the one book I recommend for any Christo-Pagan would be "Sister Karol's Book of Spells and Blessings" by Karol Jackowski. It's no longer in print but you can still get it on Amazon. It is the very book that got me on the Christian Witchcraft path. The spells in it are wonderful, as are the prayers and there is a lot of information for anyone who is just starting out. It suggests how one can set up their altar, the use of prayers, how one can thank God for their spells working, etc.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to give me a nudge. I'm no expert on Christo Paganism by any means but I am willing to share my knowledge and experiences.

And if anyone has any questions they wish to post in this particular forum, please do so!! There is no such thing as a "stupid" question. Asking about different things is one of the ways we gain knowledge after all!!
    Thank you so much for offering your help

I ordered that book, The Path of a Christian Witch and the new Housekeeping book, I forget the name off the top of my head. ANd I look forward allllll year to the new almanacs, so I ordered the new Llewellyn Herb, witches and magickal almanacs as well. So excited to receiev them!

I think perhaps maybe I need to learn a bit about Catholism.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweengirl View Post
    Thank you so much for offering your help

I ordered that book, The Path of a Christian Witch and the new Housekeeping book, I forget the name off the top of my head. ANd I look forward allllll year to the new almanacs, so I ordered the new Llewellyn Herb, witches and magickal almanacs as well. So excited to receiev them!

I think perhaps maybe I need to learn a bit about Catholism.
    You are going to like Sister Karol's book, I think. It is really interesting to see what the meanings of having your altar facing various compass directions mean and a lot of other things. I LOVE that book so much that my copy of it is starting to look very banged up... You can tell I use it a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpygirl13 View Post
    this book is lovely! not only is it interesting and a good read for someone just getting started on this path, but sister karol is cute and hilarious at times...i just kept picturing this sweet catholic nun at a bar drinking a bahama mama with a straw...(that's from a story my dad told me about a nun he met). very good book!

i also recommend " the circle within " - by dianne sylvan - very good read so far, i'm about halfway through it. this was recommended to me by another person on this site. not really a christo-paganism book but it explains the reasons behind wicca and how to develop your own spiritual tradition. happy reading!
    I love Sister Karol... She is a spunky and delightful author... I always pictured her as this vertically challenged older lady with a ready smile and a twinkle in her eye. I recommend her books to anyone!!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

I've been trying to get that book! It's not available on Amazon, and there was only one on eBay when I looked a week or so ago, and it looked to be in terrible shape (and was ridiculously expensive!)

Proudly German-Canadian.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast