Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Christian Witchcraft book and website recommendations

Thanks, me too! I've been watching the mail anxiously, but the book hasn't arrived yet.

deep journey | living the spiritual life
    Now offering detailed $7.00 professional oracle and tarot readings via Deep Journey!

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    I am still away (hence my disappearance from the boards), but am hoping that mine is waiting for me when I get home on Wednesday!
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Ok...it is now Friday. I have been home for two days, and still no book.

I am going to start stalking the mailbox if it doesn't show up soon! hahaha

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.

I hope it comes soon! We should have a book discussion thread on it, when more people get copies. That would be interesting.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

I added some links and updated URLs to the main post of website links on this thread. Updates are marked by an asterik. Happy reading!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Quote Originally Posted by HerbGurl View Post
    I added some links and updated URLs to the main post of website links on this thread. Updates are marked by an asterik. Happy reading!
    Thanks! And yes...I am hoping my book arrives in the next couple of days!

Proudly German-Canadian.

Just got two new books (love the Amazon.ca Loonie Deals section! They were under $2 each!)

The first one is called A Book of Uncommon Prayer, by Theo Dorgan. Not strictly Christian Witch specific, but it has a wide variety of prayers and poems, and I just really enjoyed it.

The second one (also not specifically for Christian Witches, but it's quite a nice read) is called The Worrywart's Prayer Book, by Allia Nolan. It's got a humorous touch to it.

Proudly German-Canadian.

Found another book that might be of interest of Christian Witches, Christo-Pagans, and the like. It's Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh. My reason for including this book in the recs thread is, although Buddhist and Christian in nature, its teachings on mindfulness, peace, and compassion can be applied to any spiritual path. My favorite quote from this book appears on pages 99-100:

But can a person have two spiritual roots at a time? Can both of them learn Christianity and Buddhism, and practice both traditions? We know that when someone does not have any root, they suffer tremendously. But what about the question of having more then one root? Before I met Christianity, my only spirtual ancestor was the Buddha. But when I met beautiful men and women who are Christians, I came to know Jesus as a great teacher. Since that day, Jesus Christ has become one of my spiritual ancestors. As I have mentioned, on the altar of my hermitage in France, I have statues of Buddhas, and bottisatvas, and also an image of Jesus Christ. I do not feel any conflict within me. Instead, I feel stronger because I have more then one root.
    (Bolding is my emphasis. You know, we could easily refute people who say that Christo-Paganism is incompatible by reciting this quote!)
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Gospel of the Nazirenes

(like a New Testament Bible, but it's more Pagan; I read this instead of the Bible)

Since I had forgotten to mention them:

I know of two really great books also:

Path of the Christian Witch by Adelina St. Clair and The Christian Witch's Handbook by H. Fuller Hutchinson.

I actually have a copy of H.'s book and I just love her insight and some of the things that she has incorporated into her writing.

Missy.
    Last edited by Jade_Dove; November 2nd, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
    "Our greatest conqeusts in life are those of waking from sleep every morning- living through out the day and doing both every day through out every season and year that come along as well as slowly pass with every hour."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast