Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goddess writings you relate to

is offline My love is poured upon the Earth

Goddess writings you relate to

What is a book, certain section from a book, or even a prayer/invocation pertaining to the Goddess that really speaks to you, that really brings into context how you view Her? I really like the chapter on the Goddess from Starhawk's The Spiral Dance. It's really the only chapter of the book i read. I found myself nodding and agreeing silently with most everything she said. I also really love The Charge of the Goddess, and the Charge of the Dark Goddess. These three writings pretty much sum up how i view Her.
    Last edited by MoonBreath; January 8th, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

I, too, have a Starhawk passage that speaks to me. It's from Spiral Dance the 20th anniversary edition, page 24...

The Goddess continually offers me challenges, but knowing that she is within me as around me, I find that strength to meet them, to transform fear into power from within, to create my place in which I can grow, struggle, and change, to mourn my losses and celebrate my advances, to generate the acts of love and pleasure that are her rituals. For she is not sleeping, she has risen up and is reaching out her hands to me. When I reach for her, she reveals herself to me in the stones and soil beneath my feet, in the whitewater rapids and limpid pools of my imagination, in tears and laughter, ecstasy and sorrow, common courage and common struggle, wind and fire. Once I allowed myself to look into her open eyes, I can never loose sight of her again. For she faces me in the mirror, and her steps echo each time I place foot to ground. Try to leap away, and she will pull me back. I cannot fall away from her—there is nowhere she is not.

Just does it for me every time I read it.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

is offline My love is poured upon the Earth
    RavenStars: wow, that is beautiful! i'll have to bookmark that page I can see that paragraph giving me strength when i've had a not so good day!

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

I really like the Goddess Protection Chant. It makes me feel all warm inside, like the Goddess is in my kitchen baking something and just being there like mother's are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajOFQMS7rw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline She who dances to the pulse of the Earth
    Ariadne's Thread by Shekhinah Mountainwater by far is my favorite. It expanded my thought on my spirituality and changed how I saw & thought about the Goddess.

I also really love this quote from Starhawk. I feel that it just expains the feeling and concept so perfectly.
    "People often ask me if I believe in the Goddess. I reply "Do you believe in rocks?" It is extremely difficult for most Westerners to grasp the concept of a manifest deity. The phrase "believe in" itself implies that we cannot know the Goddess, that She is somehow intangible, incomprehensible. But we do not believe in rocks -- we may see them, touch them, dig them out of our gardens or stop small children from throwing them at each other. We know them; we connect with them. In the Craft [Wicca, a neo-pagan religion], we do not believe in the Goddess -- we connect with Her; through the moon, the stars, the ocean, the earth, the trees, the animals, through other human beings, through ourselves. She is here. She is within us all."
    Listen to my sound. I am the wind, which echos through the trees. The gentle breeze which tickles your flesh. Touch that which you walk upon. I am the green fields filled with fresh flowers. My breast the mountain peaks which reach toward the heavens. My curves the endless canyons. The waters that run through my womb, nourish the sacred river of life. I am the song within the storm. The whisper on the edge of the forest. The silence. The rush of raging waterfalls. Open your eyes my child, for I am everywhere. I have never left you and never will.

Caelestis ♥ Raven, that's my second favorite quote! I have it on my wall now. Her gnosis is powerful. It causes a shift in the way I think each time I read it. Everything is holy. And I call this Goddess.

Since I'm here, how about adding this to the thread...

If you cannot find the truth right where you are,
    where else do you expect to find it? ---Dogen
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStars View Post
    I, too, have a Starhawk passage that speaks to me. It's from Spiral Dance the 20th anniversary edition, page 24...
    The Goddess continually offers me challenges, but knowing that she is within me as around me, I find that strength to meet them, to transform fear into power from within, to create my place in which I can grow, struggle, and change, to mourn my losses and celebrate my advances, to generate the acts of love and pleasure that are her rituals. For she is not sleeping, she has risen up and is reaching out her hands to me. When I reach for her, she reveals herself to me in the stones and soil beneath my feet, in the whitewater rapids and limpid pools of my imagination, in tears and laughter, ecstasy and sorrow, common courage and common struggle, wind and fire. Once I allowed myself to look into her open eyes, I can never loose sight of her again. For she faces me in the mirror, and her steps echo each time I place foot to ground. Try to leap away, and she will pull me back. I cannot fall away from her—there is nowhere she is not.
    Just does it for me every time I read it.
    I was going to quote that!
    I think that whole book pretty much speaks to me.

Click on the eggs!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's short little poem about Kali...

Kali, why are You naked again?
    Good grief, haven't You any shame?

Mother, is this some family duty---
    This standing on the chest of Your man?

You're naked, He's naked,
    You hang around the burning grounds.

Mother, Your necklace gleams,
    Those human heads shine at Your throat.

Even Shiva fears You
    When You're like this.

[Slightly edited from Grace and Mercy in Her Wild Hair]
    --Bill Watterson

Elisabeth Brooke's "A Wisewoman's Guide." The meditations in that book have done more for my spiritual development than anything else to date. I still use them regularly. They helped me to recognize the Goddess in the Universe and the Goddess in myself.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast