Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goddess writings you relate to

is offline My love is poured upon the Earth
    Thanks so much to everyone who responded! the writings you contributed are all beautiful

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    A "Book of the Goddess" by Anna Livia Plurabelle has a lot of beautiful hymns within it. Even though it doesn't really fit into my path (I'm more polytheistic), I still consider it a wonderful book that constantly inspires me.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/wmn/bog/index.htm
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

i remember skimming through some of the pages of the Book of the Goddess before and liking what i read. Is it possible to buy the book? hmm, i guess if it isn't, one could always print out the pages.

i also like these two quotes from Starhawk:

“The symbolism of the Goddess is not a parallel structure to the symbolism of God the Father. The Goddess does not rule the world. She is the world. Manifest in each of us, She can be known internally by every indivdual, in all her magnificent diversity.”

“Through the Goddess, we can discover our strength, enlighten our minds, own our bodies, and celebrate our emotions.”

These posts are amazing I think I need to get a copy of Spiral Dance. I've only just become aware of the Goddess fairly recently (last 3 to 4 months) so I am still getting to know her and feel her in everyday life.

This pretty much summed up my belief before I knew that it actually was one:

"The Goddess is everything in nature, and everything in nature is sacred."

I love it!

girlandthesea: the Spiral Dance was the first pagan type book i ever bought Congrats on coming home to the Goddess

i know this thread is kind of old, but i've been reading White Oleander , and i came across this paragraph that really spoke to me. The main character thinks of this while she sits beside her laboring friend and hears other women enduring labor pains and screaming mama (pg. 353):

"They wanted the real mother, the blood mother, the great womb, mother of a fierce compassion, a woman large enough to hold all the pain, to carry it away. What we needed was someone who bled, someone deep and rich as a field, a wide-hipped mother, awesome, immense, women like huge soft couches, mothers coursing with blood, mothers big enough, wide enough, for us to hide in, to sink down to the bottom of, mothers who would breathe for us when we could not breathe anymore, who would fight for us, who would kill for us, die for us."

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStars View Post
    Here's short little poem about Kali...
    Kali, why are You naked again?
    Good grief, haven't You any shame?

Mother, is this some family duty---
    This standing on the chest of Your man?

You're naked, He's naked,
    You hang around the burning grounds.

Mother, Your necklace gleams,
    Those human heads shine at Your throat.

Even Shiva fears You
    When You're like this.
    [Slightly edited from Grace and Mercy in Her Wild Hair]
    I love this! Did you write it or someone else?

i also really like " The Thunder, Perfect Mind"

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/thunder.html

The Forsaken Cornfields of Southeastern Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenStars View Post
    I, too, have a Starhawk passage that speaks to me. It's from Spiral Dance the 20th anniversary edition, page 24...
    The Goddess continually offers me challenges, but knowing that she is within me as around me, I find that strength to meet them, to transform fear into power from within, to create my place in which I can grow, struggle, and change, to mourn my losses and celebrate my advances, to generate the acts of love and pleasure that are her rituals. For she is not sleeping, she has risen up and is reaching out her hands to me. When I reach for her, she reveals herself to me in the stones and soil beneath my feet, in the whitewater rapids and limpid pools of my imagination, in tears and laughter, ecstasy and sorrow, common courage and common struggle, wind and fire. Once I allowed myself to look into her open eyes, I can never loose sight of her again. For she faces me in the mirror, and her steps echo each time I place foot to ground. Try to leap away, and she will pull me back. I cannot fall away from her—there is nowhere she is not.
    Just does it for me every time I read it.
    That is lovely...
    "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
    The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
    Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
    Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
    Ask for the ancient paths
    Ask where the good way is
    And walk in it."
    Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
    Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast