Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Imbolc/Candlemass?

Imbolc/Candlemass?

What is everyone here doing for Imbolc/Candlemass this year? For me, I am having a two day festival of sorts, starting January 31st at sundown, and continuing untill sundown on February 2nd. The first day February 1st, was going to be a celebration of the Saint Brighid/the Goddess Brighid, and February 2nd was going to be a celebration of the Presentation in the Temple.
    When I was a "full" Pagan, Imbolc was my favorite holiday, something to break up the wintery blahs. I always associate this holiday with the hearth and home, and usually stay inside where it is nice and warm!
    I'm planning on doing baking and cooking, and other "homey" activites, such as spring cleaning, and focusing on sweeping out the old and bringing in the new, for the first day. The second day, I am probably going to be focusing on more spiritual aspects of the day, including reciting the Daily Office, and possibly finding a church service to go to.
    I have musical playlists on my computer, and breakfast and lunch menus planned for the two days.
    What is everyone else doing for Imbolc/Candlemass? Does your being a Christo-Pagan/Christian Witch/Christian Wiccan make any difference to your celebrations?
    Last edited by HerbGurl; January 8th, 2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Adding text
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

This is my first one as a Christian Pagan, so I really didn't know what to do!

You have given me some great ideas, though. So thank you!!

Blessings to you and yours,
    Clair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud to have Co-Hosted MW's 1st BABY SHOWER!!

Friend me!
    http://www.myspace.com/Clair_de_la_Lune
    The Octopus' Garden:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqXs...ext=1&index=44
    Follow me! http://www.twitter.com/ClairLune_of_MW

by Glowy and Cloaked Raven!
    by abrecan, nannymouse, Mystic Christian, Cassie, and Devi!

Well, I'm a solitary Christian Witch... I generally light candles and say prayers during the Sabbats, with a little time out in the back yard afterwards so I can feel the beauty of the universe around me.

As for my path making a difference... Yeah, it does... I find that I'm leaning more and more toward the Pagan end of my path and am not celebrating the Christian holy days with as much gusto as I have in years past. Maybe I'm at a cross roads in my beliefs? Hard to say right now.

Your celebration sounds beautiful HerbGirl.
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Well, I'm a solitary Christian Witch... I generally light candles and say prayers during the Sabbats, with a little time out in the back yard afterwards so I can feel the beauty of the universe around me.

As for my path making a difference... Yeah, it does... I find that I'm leaning more and more toward the Pagan end of my path and am not celebrating the Christian holy days with as much gusto as I have in years past. Maybe I'm at a cross roads in my beliefs? Hard to say right now.

Your celebration sounds beautiful HerbGirl.
    I understand feeling like your at a religious cross roads, I am in the same boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click Me Please!

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. K View Post
    I understand feeling like your at a religious cross roads, I am in the same boat.
    May I echo the sentiment. I'm at a crossroads as well, except in the opposite direction. I don't know where or how I fit into anything these days.

I love your ideas HerbGurl. Imbolc is my favorite Holiday too. Definitely breaks up the winter blahs and I'm always so excited for the coming Spring.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. K View Post
    I could be... I've been there before and this really starting to feel like the last time I was there.

But that's a topic for another thread at another time.

Imbolc happens at winter's halfway point.... Which means that once it gets here, we're even closer to spring!! And Ostara!!!

It's going to be Lammas here - I think we're having a ritual in a fellow Pagan's backyard.
    Terri

The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand...

We'll probably have a bonfire and candle lighting, a small get-together of sorts. I'm excited about Imbolc, a lot! A good time to give birth to ideas.
    little zombies by p. robertson
    i was by zetta

For me and mine Imbolc is the beginning of Spring, and yes I'm aware that many don't feel this way. To each their own. We have been doing deep cleans in the house, and have two rooms left. The darker decorations of Yule and winter are giving way to the light pinks and yellows of Imbolc. On Imbolc itself we normally drive out through the countryside to see if any of the animals are dropping. (A couple times we have been blessed with seeing calves born.) We normally attend mass and have our throats blessed. Though like many here I have been leaning more towards my witch side lately. I always make a feast featuring dairy and items sacred to Brig. Once darkness falls all electric lights are extinguished and candles all over the house are lit. We then throw open the main doors of the house and send out winter and welcome Spring. Normally we have some crocuses and daffodills coming up too outside. It is a transition for the house and coven that is much welcomed. Though we know that early Spring still bring its snows and so forth it is a movement of the Wheel.
    Give me the Roses, I already have the Thorns.

That sounds BEAUTIFUL MariThorn!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast