Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: time travel machine in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Wingéd Mermaid View Post
    The government got a hold of that kind of technology a long time ago, but they're greedy and want all the answers and all the power. Yay corruption. They even killed hundreds-thousands of people trying to figure out how to work said equipment. A lot of them soldiers who had no idea what was being done to them.

I also think that independent scientists have probably already figured out time travel (at least to an extent if not totally) but the government shut them down and shut them up.

Do you have some kind of proof to back these claims up? :

is offline Teller of Unvarnished Truth
    Hudson River Valley in the shadow of Storm King Mountain
    I am traveling through time right now. By tomorrow I will have traveled three days since Friday!!!... I will report back to you all when I get there... wish me luck.
    God is an underachiever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyas View Post
    The same National Government that did such a great job with Katrina?

Or maybe they were just trying to pretend to be incompetent?

*brain explodes from excessive nonsense*

Oh, ok this makes perfect sense.

Since the gubmint failed miserably with a NATURAL disaster, this obviously proves that they are hiding technology related to time travel.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me personally, I feel that time travel will never happen. I just think there won't be a way to successfully control the technology, and I see people using it for the wrong reasons and causing events to alter dramatically that affects the fragile time line.
    Besides, as the saying goes, yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why they call it the present. We should focus on making a better tomorrow, not worrying about going back in time. At least, thats my thought on the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about..
    If I remember correctly, scientists (or more namely einstien and hawking) have worked out "theoretical" time travel. keyword: theoretical. meaning that mathematically speaking, it is possible. The problem lies in the fact that we have no know materials here on earth that would be able to withstand the force of time travel, not to mention no one really knows how it would affect our bodies. Also, it has really only been worked out to go into the "future", not the past. Not yet, anyway.

Basically, it all boils down to light speed. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, but that speed is relative to its surroundings. Meaning that if you were traveling at the speed of light for say 6 months to some random place and back to earth, by the time you reached earth it would in fact be several thousand years in the future, although you would have only been traveling for 6 months and your body would have only aged 6 months.

Also, think about starts and supernovas and what not. They recently found a star that exploded somewhere along the lines of 40 million years (correct me if i am wrong, i'm just sorta throwing out numbers here) after what is believed to be the "big bang." they found it after it was just dieing out. Although this actually happened billions of years ago, we are only seeing it now because thats how long it took for the light to travel to us, so, in respect, we are virtually seeing into the past.

Does this make any sense at all?
    -THE GREAT MANDU-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bellamandu View Post
    If I remember correctly, scientists (or more namely einstien and hawking) have worked out "theoretical" time travel. keyword: theoretical. meaning that mathematically speaking, it is possible.
    You mean Hypothetical - as is a hypothesis that is mathematically viable... bit like string theory.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

is offline I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about..
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Grey View Post
    You mean Hypothetical - as is a hypothesis that is mathematically viable... bit like string theory.

yes. thats it.

sorry, i'm half asleep right now.
    -THE GREAT MANDU-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time travel is completely impossible. At least travel to the past. Future maybe but doubtfull.
    Why?
    Because no matter who goes back in time, there will be a reason for it. And upon reaching the past you will have already accomplished your goal therefore there will have been no reason for going into the past to begin with, therefore you will have not gone into the past, but then you will not have accomplished your goal, therefore you will have to go back to the past thus creating a continuos loop.
    Open your eyes to the infinite possibilities of your own mind, look beyond the dogma of the civilization in which you live and aspire to be more than a blind sheep which shall feed the belly of the beast we call normality.
    Upon the realization of your own beliefs you will become more than bound mule with which the scrupulous invokers of ignorance shall use as a means to pull forward the hypocritical, demeaning, closed minded dogma of normality, you will become an eagle whom has the means and the will to be free and soar upon the winds untill the end of time.
    Thus you have invoked and established your own freedom.
    Be intelligent, be zealous, be strong, be corageous, understanding, and honorable, but foremost be free my friends.
    ~Illumin~

IF time travel to the past is possible, then some future society is already doing it. We would not know they are doing it, as any changes to our past would affect us and we would only know the past as we already know it. (Does that make sense???)
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Quote Originally Posted by aranarose View Post
    IF time travel to the past is possible, then some future society is already doing it. We would not know they are doing it, as any changes to our past would affect us and we would only know the past as we already know it. (Does that make sense???)
    Not necessarily... the hypothesis involved with time travel are pretty knowledge intensive, making even the layman renditions virtually unapproachable with a solid basis in several fields of physics and mathematics. This is further compounded by the number of scifi tv shows, movies and novels out there that deal with time travel and get it woefully wrong. Take for example my favourite show, Doctor Who... a show based around the idea of time travel... but it gets it all horribly wrong.

Interestingly enough, Futurama comes close when Fry becomes his own grandfather. The would be more than possible... as would assassinating your grandfather before your parent's were born, your future self would remain unaffected. Bit of a mind bending experience no?

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast