Thread: "Nicksa"?

"Nicksa"?

Has anyone heard of a god or divine being of some type with this name? A friend of my was showing me a love spell that calls on this Nicksa, along with Aphrodite. He seemed from the description in the spell to be a water god of some type.

(No, I'm not expecting to perform the spell; I'm just curious who this guy is.)
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix

Could this be what you're looking for? The Nix were a type of shape-shifting water spirits, according to this page...

I was going to say the Nix as well. Nicksa sounds very much like Nacken, which is another name for Nix

There is an individual Nokke from iceland that seems to be powerful. Maybe Nicksa is a mistranslation of Nacken and is directed towards the individual form?

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Nicksa is the Elemental Ruler of the West, of Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Goddess View Post
    Nicksa is the Elemental Ruler of the West, of Water.
    In what tradition?
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

In my Faery Tradition , the name is Neksa...

I have seen variants...

I know some within the Wicca tradition , have used it...

Neksa : Elemental ruler of water...elementals of water : undines

That help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Godgifu View Post
    In what tradition?
    It could be in any tradition technically, but as Shawn mentioned it tends to be more associated with those of a Faery type path, be they actual working coven traditions or personal practices.

Niksa -is the ruler of the elemental of water.
    Generally depicted as either genderless or feminine as water is often considered feminine.
    The four together are often referred to as the "Kings of the elements" or "the elemental guardians"
    They are not the watchtowers, those they may be called for the quarters of an elemental circle.
    They come out of ceremonial magic(k) notably you will want to read the works of Eliphas Levi.
    they are also mentioned by Paracelsus and certain alchemists and magicians.
    Beyond this there's a lot of debate as to where they actually come come... despite their history of being called.

You'll see them mentioned in a lot of books and sources that have a ceremonial bent yet aren't part of any specific order, grimoire or tradition.
    You'll also see them in (gasp.. older?) books on Wicca and witchcraft where they are often given as guardians of the quarters.
    They've become a go to for quarter-filler.
    This is both good and bad.
    They are rulers of the elements as blind forces. On the one hand they are very basic and on the other hand they give limited direction.

They are:

Paralda who rules sylphs and other elementals of air.
    Djin who rules salamanders and other elemenals of fire
    Niksa who rules undines and other elementals of water
    Gobb who rules gnomes and other elementals of earth

i really think though, that Djin needs a better, more specific name....

It could be in any tradition technically, but as Shawn mentioned it tends to be more associated with those of a Faery type path, be they actual working coven traditions or personal practices.
    This is because fae are often considered to be elemental or kin to them, helping nature grow and such... by the way, watch FernGulley.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

I heard this name a few days ago! or one that sound sooo much like it, in either one of my dreams or meditation~ WOW will have to copy the info you shared DracoJesi! Thanks a bunch~ I wonder I also noticed after reading this realized my revolving pics screensaver? Is a whole bunch of water scenes. lakes, streams, storms! & ocean etc etc.. and I don't do water. I can barely swim and it has been wow 35 yrs since I have? I'm a forest gal! This is verra, verra intaresting! (said in mock evil Russian scientist way)

giggles.....
    [SIGPIC] Kim