Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My spell-work attracted a feisty spirit

My spell-work attracted a feisty spirit

About a month ago, I was regularly performing spells/prayers on myself (mainly to gain patience... a quality I lack.) I'd do these spells in a formal ritual setting or improptu, whenever the mood struck me right.

I don't remember the timeline exactly but after two weeks, I had a dream/vision where I was visited by an entity. I dreamt my boyfriend's garage door was opening/closing itself violently and sound or energy waves were rolling from underneath it. I went outside and realized there was an entity in there and started to chide it. I told it to quit acting silly and it needed to come out so we could have band practice etc. Then, it flew out from the garage, grabbed me, and started flying me up through the sky. I knew it was taking me somewhere and I didn't want to go. I didn't feel like the spirit was malevolent but it was definitely aggressive. I struggled and then I woke up in a sweat.

I'm not sure what the spirit wanted. My mother told me a long time ago she had a similar experience of a spirit trying to take her away in her sleep and she did not want to go either.

I'm fairly certain my little spell stint drew it's attention but I'm not sure if I should try to investigate further or leave well enough alone. I've been visited by other little spirits in my dreams but they were not anywhere as powerful as this one. Lately, I've been casting a circle even when I pray just to be on the safe side.

I'm not sure what to think about this. Has anyone one else had a similar experience? Insights are greatly appreciated too.
    Beauty surrounds us, our job is to find it.

www.tarotrose.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nothing quite like that, but I will say you really should do protections or at least a circle before performing any magic and send anything that visits back when your done then close the doors
    I also do a "clearing" after just to be sure nothing is left behind
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Two weeks seems like a pretty significant delay and I would question whether the entity visiting in your dream was related to your spell work. But you are the only one who can answer whether it feels like there is a connection.

Maybe the message relates to your impulsivity / impatience carrying you away at times and you are struggling with that happening. Maybe instead of fighting against it, go with the flow and see what lesson you learn.
    Last edited by Lunacie; January 21st, 2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: just saw a typo

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    NEVER ask for patience. I'm cringing so hard right now it is hard to type.
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Mourning what was, what could have been and what is....
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Elise~ View Post
    NEVER ask for patience. I'm cringing so hard right now it is hard to type.
    What? All this time I have been asking for the wrong thing??
    ~*The Image is Clear & So Is The Choice*~

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by 1111 View Post
    What? All this time I have been asking for the wrong thing??
    You and I have had that discussion! And you, my dear, have the patience of Job.

Elise
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

I don't know if you attracted something or not, but as far as patience goes if you did, it sounds like you got the equivalent of a rambunctious child or a rowdy devil may care teen. Maybe that was part of your patience test since things like would certainly try mine.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

It didn't feel like the reaction was due to what I was working on. It felt more like a reaction to the spellwork in general. Like the energy I was generating caught something's eye.

It was neither a good experience or a bad one, just an experience. Although it was disconcerting... sort of like falling down the rabbit's hole except I was been hurtled through the sky.

It's not the first time I've been visited by other "things" but it was definitely the most intrusive. I dunno... weird.

www.tarotrose.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, to be honest, I'm not so sure that this is anything more than a dream. You say you were "visited" by a spirit, but this was a classic surreal dream type environment.

It's far more likely that your subconscious is expressing the impatience that you recognize in yourself.

I think that meditation and mindfulness would be much more helpful to you than doing spellwork to ask for patience. It is something you must gain yourself. Asking for patience is like asking to be tested... bad idea. You'll be tested enough without asking for it.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia View Post
    Well, to be honest, I'm not so sure that this is anything more than a dream. You say you were "visited" by a spirit, but this was a classic surreal dream type environment.

It's far more likely that your subconscious is expressing the impatience that you recognize in yourself.

I think that meditation and mindfulness would be much more helpful to you than doing spellwork to ask for patience. It is something you must gain yourself. Asking for patience is like asking to be tested... bad idea. You'll be tested enough without asking for it.
    It could have been a dream... it happened while I was asleep. But I've been visited before and this had the same vibe. My question is more directed towards anyone who has had a similar experience attracting entities with spellwork or a similar interaction.

Thanks though.

www.tarotrose.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast