Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My spell-work attracted a feisty spirit

Dream Reality

Just because it's a dream doesn't necessarily mean it's not real... Most indigenous people believe that there are different kinds of dreams and that some are anecdotal, while others involve actual spirit travel (or visitations).

Just another tidbit to consider... Do you work (and sleep) in a warded space?
    Last edited by Morgaine_cla; January 23rd, 2009 at 05:45 PM.
    * Three first parts of Understanding: An Eye to see what is; A Heart to feel what is; and a Boldness that dares to follow them. *

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine_cla View Post

Just another tidbit to consider... Do you work (and sleep) in a warded space?
    Well, not formally. I mean, I've put protection spells around our house and cleared negative vibes but I haven't set out and actually warded our room. That is a very good idea actually... I have been a little reckless about sending out energy without taking enough precaution. Thanks!
    Beauty surrounds us, our job is to find it.

www.tarotrose.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wards

Glad to be of help!
    * Three first parts of Understanding: An Eye to see what is; A Heart to feel what is; and a Boldness that dares to follow them. *

Hmmm.... I'm thinking about the symbols that were presented in your dream.

You were in a garage. Often, windows or doors in our dreams can represent mental and spiritual thresholds - different levels of the consciousness. So a garage isn't inconceivable - especially as a part of your self that is usually inaccessible. If the door of this closed-off part of your mind was opening and closing, it could mean that it is trying hard to be recognized.

The idea of band practice brings to mind notions of harmony. Perhaps you are trying to open this inaccessible place in order to create a better balance within yourself.

This being so (and it might not be, it's just my best guess), the scenario involving this spirit might be a metaphor for various levels of your own magical and spiritual practices coming together. Perhaps this spirit is really a part of yourself (or even your shadow self) needing to be recognized and integrated into your larger view of who you are.

Of course, I recommend protective practices even in this case. I try to make grounding, centering, cleansing and (if necessary) additional shielding a part of all my magic. In terms of working with spirits, you may also want to establish a signal so you know you are working with a particular spirit; for instance, when I work with certain spirits, I establish a question or symbol that we both know we can use to test the other, just to make sure we aren't some other spirit in a disguise. It's not something you always have to do, but I recommend doing this whenever you are unsure about who or what is contacting you.

I hope this has been helpful, and I wish you the best. I know it's very disconcerting to be harassed in this way, so I hope you find a way to end the discomfort you have been feeling.

Blessings,
    Scott

I'd smudge the hell out of the place, clear out it out nice and good. Unless of course you want to make contact. /shrug. Some have a freak out over the thought of that though.

It is a known thing that spellwork in general attracts beasties. Whether for good or ill that is, but there they are. It is said by Cunningham (who I occasionally agree with) that you shine like a beacon when you first begin to practice. I have also found that it happens when you are doing new things metaphysically, or even finding a new passion in your studies. I am not sure about others, though.

Also, sometimes a cigar is...just a cigar, except when you're Bill Clinton.

'shine like a beacon', how did I miss that?

Whenever I'd cast a circle & talk to others, I would ask them what they saw when looking at me & they'd just say "You are light", no matter the kind of spirit. I was trying to figure out what my sou/ looked like from a non-physical view.

I was out travelling around, & a candle-flame-colored spirit flew right to me & grabbed hold of me. It was quite strong, "bald", & had writing on its' chest that I sensed went downward, in a script I didn't quite recognize. I was unable to break its' grip, which was odd, it said nothing & neither did I. It simply flew me back over the U.S. & released me. There was no threat or 'feeling' of threat/hostility/etc from it. I waz more annoyed by my inability to break its grip I catch a wave & go out,.....
    The foolish reject what they see, not what they think; the wise reject what they think, not what they see. Huang-Po

http://rubyfiregoldmagik.blogspot.com/

http://catladder.blogspot.com/
    Because I like cats & want to point to it

Quote Originally Posted by Allytria View Post
    It is a known thing that spellwork in general attracts beasties. Whether for good or ill that is, but there they are. It is said by Cunningham (who I occasionally agree with) that you shine like a beacon when you first begin to practice. I have also found that it happens when you are doing new things metaphysically, or even finding a new passion in your studies
    Huh, intresting. I agree with it, but I just wanted to say that I think you truley do send a beacon. Though I think the beacon varies on the level of magick your spells are on. What I mean by that is if your doing "low magick" or, some say "folk magick" they aren't really considered "powerful" so would you send at a beacon depending on the magick your doing is what I am getting at.
    (Please excuse any inncorect grammar, I did some energy work today that really drained me)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2