Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Males in Goddess-Only Witchcraft

Males in Goddess-Only Witchcraft

Just wanted to see what you all think... I've been called to the service of Hecate, but honor all Goddesses and believe that the Feminine/Masculine aspects come from within them... (Yep, I do not believe a male Deity is necessary and do not worship them.) I believe that the Goddess impregnated Herself and thus gave birth Herself.

I know that the Feminine Mysteries may be hard for men to understand, but considering I'm gay, I think I can relate a whole lot more. (Straight men can too, if they accept the feminine aspects of themselves.)

What do you all think about men who worship the Goddess, and the Goddess alone?
    Last edited by Meisopomenos; February 13th, 2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Edit.

Not sure if this really goes here or is even releated to the topic in question but I shall follow my "gut" and go with it.

I retired from the military in 2001 and can say that since that time it is only the goddess facet of my pathwalk that has spoken to me since. Yet even as that path, ie military, was ending there was a hand off occuring as the gods I followed seemed to being stepping away as the goddesses stepped forward.

I am a strong follower of the goddesses Artemis, Hecate and Bast. Which I might add does make it interesting for the mythologies of all three have crossed paths so many times that it takes a great deal of effort to actually figure out who is who at what point. I will preface this with they are not the personas of the typical "Wiccan" association of these goddesses.

Artemis was with me as a child and into my teens. Yet at the time of my teens she stepped back and seemed to pass me to the gods that would be with me in my early adult hood and military life. Hecate was there also but I only knew her as "The Lady of the Green Woods" or just "The Lady". Bast was always more of a shadow for me until I actually encountered her in dream and vision while I was off the coast of Africa on a MED float.

For me it is not so much as a getting in touch with the femanine side of myself as the life struggle of being a man. As a child and young youth it is the mother facet of them that called to me and inspired me. As an adult they were the mother facet of things, but like my own mother thier influence stayed in the back ground as the male role models stepped forward to teach me to be a man. Yet with their presence they also tempered the males influence. Ironically, they were also the most serious of teachers, for they held but could slap the daylights out of you.

Now the beliefs, morales and codes of the male influence is still present. It is such that I will respond under those conditions and take action as those teachings and influences have conditioned me to for the battlefield. Yet the blood vision is lessoned as the goddesses once again are my main influence and they ask me to see more of the metaphyscial side of things and the homefront.

Not sure if this even makes sense of things right now. Yet it is the best I can explain at the moment.

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha'Tima View Post
    Just wanted to see what you all think... I've been called to the service of Hecate, but honor all Goddesses and believe that the Feminine/Masculine aspects come from within them... (Yep, I do not believe a male Deity is necessary and do not worship them.) I believe that the Goddess impregnated Herself and thus gave birth Herself.

I know that the Feminine Mysteries may be hard for men to understand, but considering I'm gay, I think I can relate a whole lot more. (Straight men can too, if they accept the feminine aspects of themselves.)

What do you all think about men who worship the Goddess, and the Goddess alone?
    I think that they can. From what I understand, only the very militant ones may have difficulty with it but most of the people I know will welcome any person (female or male) into Goddess worshiping. Other than that, I personally wouldn't worry about any small minded human (female or male) telling you that you can't worship a Goddess alone.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

I guess I see this as a equal opportunity thing. There are an awful lot of women who worship one god and one god alone. ...Sorry, couldn't resist the obvious.

Seriously, where the heart and mind lead, as far as spirituality goes, you should not hesitate to follow. Gender and sexual orientation should not make the least bit of difference. I believe that the Goddess offers something to men in all her different guises. It might have something to do with anima/animus. It might also be that you are called or chosen for reasons that can never be understood. The Goddess revels different mysteries to different people.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

erm...to each their own with no fault? people are allowed to do what they want...for whatever reason he/she may have, he/she can worship/believe/know-to-be-true whatever he or she wants to...

so, depending on the situation and the guy involved, i'm sure there is a different reason for every one...some don't WORSHIP, at all...just work with and take advice from...
    Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Love

I worshiped a single God,,the God Of Israel,,all my life.

One day a cat walked into my apartment while I was playing video games with my son,,and gave birth to one single live black kitten on my couch,,and it was on a full moon.

And so thus started my Goddess path,,as I became Goddess aware. I have fallen from grace,,like Lucifer,,and of my own free will,,for my thirst for occult knowledge and power,, I sought after first the Goddess,,and then the God. I am not the same person I used to be. I have more in common with Luficer it seems,,than with anyone else.

It was a very hard transformation though,,which cost me everything,,my son,,my friends,,and the church. Even some wiccans have accused me of devil worship. But I embraced a Goddess who came to me in dreams,,so naturaly I am Goddess oriented,,which suits me well for a Wiccan path,,which at some point I sought after.

But,,based on my own personal experiences,,and these being my own personal views,,there is a God of the witch,,I have seen him,,and he is not Jesus Christ,,they are not the same God in my view. I simply wanted to know,,if thier is a God of the witch,,and if there was a Goddess as well.

A Goddess only path to me seems a bit unbalanced, the same way a God only path seems unbalanced,,which is not really a big deal to me,,I dont care what another believes so long as they leave me alone. Nature also shows the balance of both male,,and female,,you cant have life,,without both.

Humanity would not exist,,without both male,,and female polaritys,,which follows the same pattern in all creation,,night and day,,,sun and moon,,earth and sky,,male and female,positive and negative, ,this duality thread runs throughout all nature,,both male,,and female.

So its no surprise to me that there would be a male influence in any religion,,and there certainly is in the craft. However if a woman wants to be exlusively dedicated to the Goddess,,without the male dietys,,,I see no harm in it.

Im very leary about worshiping any other male God,,except the God of Israel,,perhaps its ingrained fear of him,,I cant help it. But I feel more comfortable addressing a Goddess alone,,but her consort keeps showing up the more closer I get to her,,he is there,,even if another doesnt see him,,I have.

And he is the God of the Witch.

I do not worship him,,but his passion has filled me at times.

I happen to know at some point he comes to all who are his,,to mark them,,to initiate them,,something only he can do. I sense that the nature of the Goddess,,is not the same as the nature of the God,,but thats just my perception.

I adore the Goddess,,,and I respect and acknowledge the God of the witch,,by whatever name you wish to call him by, but I do not worship him like I do the Goddess,,she makes me feel comfortable inside,,while the God seems to empower me and makes me feel a bit mischievious at times.

The God of the witch seems to be unbridaled power and passion,,perhaps more than a man can handle at times. While the Goddess seems to be more about my heart issues.
    But Im new to the craft,,what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStars View Post
    It might also be that you are called or chosen for reasons that can never be understood. The Goddess revels different mysteries to different people.
    As for now, this is probably the best explanation I can agree with...

I do not like NOT knowing what the Goddess has planned, but She knows and I reckon that that is all that needs to be said/heard... *shrug* I've questioned Her before and She didn't really like it all that much... Lesson learned.

is offline Where words fail, music speaks.
    I too find worship of only a Goddess unbalanced, just as the worship of only a God is unbalanced. However, I don't believe that the God would mind terribly if you took a bit of time to just get to know his Lady.
    "Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you...you will remember."
    -Robert Ghost Wolf

It's the fire in my eyes and the flash of my teeth
    the swing in my waist and the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.
    -Maya Angelou, Phenomenal Woman

Dragon eggies!

Currently accepting requests for tarot readings via PM.

I guess it all depends on how you see Nature...

Personally, I feel very balanced even if it may seem unbalanced to some...

is offline Where words fail, music speaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha'Tima View Post
    I guess it all depends on how you see Nature...

Personally, I feel very balanced even if it may seem unbalanced to some...
    To each their own, baybeh. I certainly can't tell you how to walk your path. :D
    "Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you...you will remember."
    -Robert Ghost Wolf

It's the fire in my eyes and the flash of my teeth
    the swing in my waist and the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.
    -Maya Angelou, Phenomenal Woman

Dragon eggies!

Currently accepting requests for tarot readings via PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast