View Poll Results: Do you prefer a solitary or coven environment? Are you practicing differently?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer and practice coven involvement

17 6.91%
  • I prefer and practice being solitary

117 47.56%
  • I prefer solitary involvement but practice in a coven

5 2.03%
  • I prefer coven involvement but practice solitary involvement

25 10.16%
  • Unsure; I have never experienced coven involvement, but would like to try it.

82 33.33%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Solitary or Coven?

Though I occasionally attend group rituals, most of my learning and practice is done independently.

is offline Merry Meet from Central Vermont
    Coven for me.

I find myself being a bit too lax in my observances if I am doing them by myself and to me a coven just feels right.
    Brightest Blessings!

Skyclad Tiwaz

"May the love of the Goddess always fill your heart"

Solitaire. My husband is Wiccan, and we want to do family craft things/traditions - but actual practicing my beliefs I'm very solitaire, it's very personal.

I have never been in a coven before, but chose solitary. I like to do most things by myself, so I guess this is no different.

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

I do rituals with my boyfriend. We also belong to a wider "coven" or pagan movement but we don't attend their moots. Its too far away.

is offline walking the road to see where it leads
    I feel a group around me from various parts of the world that would profit well from our experiences and universal views... they communicate in a way with me, and vice versa... the closest I came was when I was in Albuquerque amidst a group of free thinkers... problem is even then I felt the pull of the solitary and would isolate myself every so often...

So in short, I picked the Solitary option because I've felt no click with physical group that I'd profit from and be able to embrace completely... so, until that group of us who are linked can meet physically I'll maintain my habitual solitude/tutoring I've come to embrace.
    Per Mare, Per Terras!!!

Feel Free to PM me with your request

*sigh* I finally did it... thar be my dragons, pwease qwick them... I don't want to go to jail for neglect... what'd a dragon ever do to you??

Your friendly solitary non-traditional eclectic.

"Follow me into the depths of insanity, leave beliefs and apprehensions at the door"- quoth the ocelot

Solitary, and I like it that way. What I practice is very personal so I have no need for other people.
    Everything is right for me, which is right for you, O Universe.
    Nothing for me is too early or too late, which comes in due time for you.
    Everything is fruit to me which your seasons bring, O Nature.
    From you are all things, in you are all things, to you all things return.

Marcus Aurelius

For years I've prefered solitary-ness. =o Took alot of pride in my "independence" from any groups. But recently I find myself become even more open minded than I was. I did participate in an online ritual...that is, a group practicing a ritual individually although still together via the internet and it was a very beautiful experience for me.
    At this point, I'd love to try visiting a temple or checking out a few groups/covens, although I'm not sure that I won't stay solitary all the same, just occasionally participating.
    It's all up in the air, atm. Anything could happen for me with this within this next year...and 2010? Gosh, I have no idea...but it's been a dominant thought on my mind lately.
    His:

Mine:

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Sacred*~ View Post
    Solitaire. I'm very solitaire...
    You're a...card game?

I have done both and I am currently in a coven and I like the coven setting the best

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast