Thread: More cat myths?

Question More cat myths?

I don't know if there are any myths revolving around brown, spotted cats, but I'm curious if there are, and I thought this would be a good place to start looking for some. I know there's lots of myths surrounding black cats, and it seems like there's usually a couple of myths attached to a lot of animals, so I'm just wondering if any of you know of any myths about cats with this kind of coloring:

Thanks!

I read somewhere that if you look between the ears of any cat while they seem to be staring at nothing, you will see that they are looking ghosts.

I think black cats are the only ones with superstitions attached to them. The myths are still strong today, the humane society is abundant with black cats because my city is so conservative and superstitious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There must be many legends about different types of cats. They say that the original domestic cat was striped (a little like the beautiful cat in your photo) as the Egyptians bred them first, I think. Myths and legends spun from this.

The only cat myth I can think of other than the black cats ones are that big ears make a good mouser. I don't know where I read it or when, but that is it.

(Thanks Flaire!)

I've read that the cats originally associated with witches are orange tabby cats, not black ones. I'm not sure if that's true though.