Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dianic Faith: Goddess only, right?

Dianic Faith: Goddess only, right?

I've never met a Dianic or really been able to find anything definitive on the practice.

From what I gather Dianic paths are influenced by Wicca, they have much the same practice, spells, and the Goddess seems to be the same in a way. I know some follow Diana only, others however still seem to be just follow a supreme Goddess.

However, Dianic faiths do not incorporate the God? Correct? <_^

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumunzi View Post
    I've never met a Dianic or really been able to find anything definitive on the practice.

From what I gather Dianic paths are influenced by Wicca, they have much the same practice, spells, and the Goddess seems to be the same in a way. I know some follow Diana only, others however still seem to be just follow a supreme Goddess.

However, Dianic faiths do not incorporate the God? Correct? <_^
    Depends on the Dianic in question. Some of them do worship just a Goddess, others worship both but differently, etc.. Many Dianics do have practices similar to Wicca, though they don't all practice the same way.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    McFarland Dianics not only have the God, men are in circle, as well.
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

I'm under the impression however they are not looked upon as being equal though, in the way that tradition Wicca describes the relationship?

I'm under the impression however they are not looked upon as being equal though, in the way that tradition Wicca describes the relationship?
    Depends on which Dianic you talk to. Some do treat them equally but separately, i.e. they don't have rituals or altars together. Others don't recognize the God and don't have any connection whatsoever with Him. But most don't have the type of relationship that traditional Wicca describes.
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    wrong impression
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophia View Post
    Depends on which Dianic you talk to. Some do treat them equally but separately, i.e. they don't have rituals or altars together. Others don't recognize the God and don't have any connection whatsoever with Him. But most don't have the type of relationship that traditional Wicca describes.
    Isn't it true though that unless they are literal Dianics(worshiping the Goddess Diana) many of them are actually worshiping a deity from the Wiccan faith and then ignoring another deity? o_O

Isn't it true though that unless they are literal Dianics(worshiping the Goddess Diana) many of them are actually worshiping a deity from the Wiccan faith and then ignoring another deity? o_O
    No. Dianics can worship a lot of different Goddesses, and not just Diana. What is the deity from the "Wiccan" faith?

Question everything.

I am referring to the all around Goddess worshiped in Wicca. I know little of Dianic practice, that's why I'm asking these questions.

I am referring to the all around Goddess worshiped in Wicca. I know little of Dianic practice, that's why I'm asking these questions.
    Asking questions is perfectly fine. The all around Goddess that is worshiped by many Dianics isn't really Wiccan in nature, but could have many aspects that are similar. It really depends on the Dianic practitioner.

Question everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast