Thread: Opposing card study - 5's

Opposing card study - 5's

5 of Wands
    5 of Swords
    5 of Cups
    5 of Pentacles

The idea behind this part of the study group is to explore all of the cards from the standpoint of them appearing in a spread in a "negative" position. ("Positive" positions will be explored in later Study Group threads)

Some examples of these positions in a spread are:

Obstacle
    Blockage
    What you need to work on
    Weakness
    Fear
    Imbalances
    Cons (as opposed to Pros)
    Resistance
    What NOT to do

There are others, of course, but these should get you started.

Please pick one, some or all of the examples above and tell us how you would interpret each of the Threes if they appeared in this "negative" position.

Please put pictures of your favorite versions of these cards if you have them. They can all be from the same deck or different decks. If you have more than one favorite, feel free to post all of them! Part of the fun of this will be showing off our decks and the fun for others will be seeing the images!
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Oo I like these threads =)

The fives seem similar to me. All are about loss and turmoil in various aspects.
    A general interpretation in a blocking position (what crosses you, or what stops you) would be that strife and turmoil are rendering the person incapable of realizing his or her goals according to the specific aspect.
    I'm using the Thoth deck, by the way.

Five of Wands : on a personal level, related to will and motivation, he or she would be blocked by bad energy, bad tempers, fighting with others. Perhaps because of desires / goals that are unclear, or are shifting constantly.

Five of Swords : this is similar to the above, but more about actions, and intellect. It would be the mind that's in turmoil, bad or evil thoughts, getting no result from actions, feeling defeated. That would be the obstacle to whatever the main question or matter is.

Five of Cups : emotionally depressed, feeling regret about something, loosing hope, or simply being disappointed. Pessimism. Those are definitely debilitating feelings on their own, but in a blocking position, they would be made manifest, so to speak, they would actually be more than just feelings, and getting in the way of the person's goals.

Five of Disks : physical turmoil, perhaps about money or possessions, worrying about loosing something of value, would result to feeling unable to react to a financial situation.

The inverted pentagram seems to be playing a major role in these cards. I think it's related to its pagan meaning: protection and harmony would become disarray and insecurity inverted, it kind of fits with the general interpretations.

I did a reading last night where the 5 of Swords came up for the question "What can * do to make herself happier?" and this card said, "Stop playing the victim!"

So, I thought that was an interesting thing. I usually intepret this as doing something unfair to accomplish your goal, or feeling as if something unfair was done to you. But in this case it seemed like a "drama queen" moment. LOL
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me