Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How would Re-Discovering Atlantis Change our World?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    How one person views an event may differ from how it is interpreted by another.

Conspiracy Theory? Perhaps, or Perhaps not. It is your choice to believe something as theory or fact. History will tell many versions of the story, it is up to you to chose which one you believe. But having lived through it gives you a perspective from your own experience.
    Are you referring to the common usage of the word theory, as used in Conspiracy Theory... or are you referring to the scientific usage of the word?

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

I was trying to answer it in the context you used it by implying my use of the words "ruleing elite" hinted at conspiracy theory.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Quote Originally Posted by green aventurine View Post
    I think that's an interesting way of looking at things. If I followed you correctly, I'm guessing for you the advanced technology they might find in Atlantis wouldn't necessarily be a machine but perhaps something like a manual containing a set of scientific techniques (e.g. psycho-spiritual such as visualisations/meditations etc) for fulfilling human evolutionary potential?
    Our own evolution will go on as scheduled regardless of any external attempts at fullfilling or hindering.

In other words, Whatever there is to be found there, I do not think it will be of any consequence one way or another concerning our own personal evolution.

Whatever is there to be found may perhaps have a transformational effect on mankind in that it may be something new and therefore serve to expand our knowledge concerning what we can do.

It will give us answers concerning issues of their history, and maybe give practical information to help understand more about the technology they used.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    Whatever is there to be found may perhaps have a transformational effect on mankind in that it may be something new and therefore serve to expand our knowledge concerning what we can do.

That's really what I was asking. I thought her perspective was interesting because the first thing that sprang to my mind from reading the inital post would be technology in terms of machinery and was interested in what the lady thought we might find. Perhaps it wasn't that clear. I didn't view it as a manual on affecting future human evolution but more as fulfilling our current evolutionary potential as human beings.

Science and Religion working together for the first time in history
    For the record, science and religion have been working together for anywhere from 300 to 1000 years, depending on how strictly you define scientific inquiry. Longer if you include Greek philosophers (which I would not). I think Aquinas, Magnus, Scotus, and Bacon (both of them, for that matter) would all be very confused by your statement.

ahh,

maybe they knew something that the ancient Egyptians knew? Maybe we will finally learn how the Ancient Mayans and the other Ancient Peoples were able to lift 200 ton rocks so high in the air with such precision?

would be nice to find that one out considering our current mechanical capabilities wouldn't even come close to anything like that...

COPPER , they used copper tools to cut the rocks and then floated them downstream on wooden logs

I love how Archaeology tries to explain it..
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

I love how Archaeology tries to explain it..
    You've clearly never been involved in experimental archaeology. Exactly how much academic archaeology have you actually read?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberias View Post
    For the record, science and religion have been working together for anywhere from 300 to 1000 years, depending on how strictly you define scientific inquiry. Longer if you include Greek philosophers (which I would not). I think Aquinas, Magnus, Scotus, and Bacon (both of them, for that matter) would all be very confused by your statement.
    Science and the Church worked together so long as the government would allow it to. Bacon knew what I meant, or would have known rather lol
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberias View Post
    You've clearly never been involved in experimental archaeology. Exactly how much academic archaeology have you actually read?
    Experimental Archaeology? no,

Academic Archaeology? I read Enough to know that where something is not known they make up a bullshit story to avoid admiting they are human and just don't know..

Why not say "we are still searching"?

some of the explanations they give just defy common sense and scientific reasoning.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for

What do you mean by "government"?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast