Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How would Re-Discovering Atlantis Change our World?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMandy View Post
    The truth is within, we mut awaken and remember it!
    we are ancient souls, many of us a part of Atlantean times!
    (I am coming from a very highly evolved spiritual viewpoint)
    I truly admire all you scientific minds!
    What truth within?

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Quote Originally Posted by green aventurine View Post
    (This is for anybody, really) Is there a standard myth about Atlantis that everyone accepts on this thread? I'm not very familiar with the myth. Are we just talking about whatever Plato wrote in his dialogues or does it include more modern interpretations/developments?
    It just occurred to me from reading the initial post again on this thread, that some people might have taken offence to the word ‘myth’ that I used or that it was an inappropriate question for the thread. Apologies, if that was the case.

This is nearer to what I meant using this word:

"In a scholarly context, the word "myth" may mean "sacred story", "traditional story", or "story about gods". Therefore, scholars may speak of "religious mythology" without meaning to insult religion. For instance, a scholar may call Abrahamic scriptures "myths" without meaning to insult Judaism, Christianity or Islam."

rather than this:

2a. "A widespread but untrue or erroneous story or belief" (1849)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology

I don't particularly have a problem with Atlantis existing although I'd need to do some more reading on the subject to say for definite.

I do not think anyone was offended by your useing the word Myth, There are ledgends, tales, Stories, mythologies about Atlantis,

I do think some of the Myths were created to be more educational for the spirit, where the intelect fails.
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    I do not think anyone was offended by your useing the word Myth, There are ledgends, tales, Stories, mythologies about Atlantis,

I do think some of the Myths were created to be more educational for the spirit, where the intelect fails.
    That's cool. I don't normally use forums and it's a little difficult for me to gauge sometimes how it comes across without tone of voice and body language etc

Embarrassed

i am not as scientific as you guys,(great admiration for your intelligence).
    To me Atlantis represents a way of "being"
    We would have lived in harmony,radiating love and light, respectful of each other, it would have been paradise!
    The downfall of that culture was caused by a fews misuse of power!
    I believe that we are approaching a critical mass in mans evolution,he must learn the error of his ways, so to speak!
    many have incarnated from that golden time of atlantis, the truth will be revealed.....all truly is within!!
    this is my analogy of the situation..i think.haha

truth within

to answer the question, by "truth within" i mean that we are eternal souls, we are eternal beings,(time travellers)?
    Some of us may have been part of the time of atlantis, therefore our truth is within waiting to be awoken.
    Therefore to my way of thinking, ATLANTIS WAS A TRUTH, and not a myth.
    but... that is just where i am coming from,...and who am i.

We would have lived in harmony,radiating love and light, respectful of each other, it would have been paradise!
    Not trying to be an arse here but why is it that anytime one looks to the past there is this notion of living in harmony, love and light? In essence a paradise.

In all probability that is unrealistic as a social attainment. No one will ever reach a point where there is no issue of desire and want not preventing the notion of harmony and love and white light. As long as two humans live in releative closeness one will always find a reason to desire of or take from the other.

Certain people will always posses items that another does not have or can not use. The very human desire to possess them will create strife in the society. By shere design there will be those that think differently than the norm.

Everytime I hear someone speak of this I think of the movie Logan's Run and the notion of a perfect society and just what it actually means.

We are animals, though slightly more evolved than our lessor occupants of this planet. Yet regardless of the society being looked at there is strife and conflict. Some arising from within the social grouping some from interaction with things outside of it, but strife and conflict never the less.

Perfect hamony and love, it's a nice notion to think about but hardly realistic, nor obtainable I think. Though I admit up front your description makes me think of the Disney movie Atlantis and the presented demise and reason why.

I once read a article that stated that should Robin Hood and his Merry Men not have existed man would have created the person to give voice and body to his unhappiness with the times and conditions under which one lived. Even to the point of taking a single action or person and glorifying them to a state of grandieur.

I wonder in some small measure if Atlantis is not the same. We (collectively) desire and long for this period where everything was so advanced that it presented the hope for something better than what we lived with or under. It was the golden age that we once had (sort of like Camelot) and that we just might once again achieve if we could learn from it. It being the notion of what ever fault it was that the society possesed to cause its demise and downfall.

In many ways a place that has held many names in many guises, Camelot, Shang Gra La in there ability to inspire dreams and hopes. To paint a picture of some long lost place that once existed that we long for to make our would a better place to be in, a place that once existed Once upon a time.....

In that light it is a place within each of us for it is an idea or ideal. It is something that we have enlivened to the point that it holds all those things for us (a collective us).

As such an ideal I wonder would it really change anything should we actually discover this fable Island kingdom that sank beneath the waves in a single night.

As I stated earlier I think the location of discovery would be of more importance than the actual discovery should it occur. However, I think that the "Atlantis" of our myths and beliefs shall never be found, for to find it would mean we would have to give up the magical place and all it means to us. That I think is a thing we are not willing to do as a people.

atlantis

with the greatest amount of respect,( and i do mean respect)!
    With that mindset, atlantis, as an ideal, would be lost forever!
    the world is changing,.....man is looking for the magic,...it will be found!
    of course it sounds like a fairytale, but to those that believe, it was a truth, hey, what do i know! haha

i am not as scientific as you guys,(great admiration for your intelligence).
    I believe that we are approaching a critical mass in mans evolution,he must learn the error of his ways, so to speak!
    many have incarnated from that golden time of atlantis, the truth will be revealed.....all truly is within!!
    this is my analogy of the situation..i think.haha
    to answer the question, by "truth within" i mean that we are eternal souls, we are eternal beings,(time travellers)?
    Some of us may have been part of the time of atlantis, therefore our truth is within waiting to be awoken.
    Therefore to my way of thinking, ATLANTIS WAS A TRUTH, and not a myth.
    but... that is just where i am coming from,...and who am i.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer all of that. I think I understood where you're coming from now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast