Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Humanity may be targeted by predatory Reptilian extraterrestrial species

The U.S. government couldn't conceal secret prisons for suspected terrorists, let alone an interplanetary conspiracy.

Now, the British government on the other hand, there is a group of people who know how to keep something quiet...

"Polidori once asked Byron what, besides scribble verses, he could do better than Polidori himself. Byron icily replied: 'Three things. First, I can hit with a pistol the keyhole of that door. Secondly, I can swim across that river to yonder point. And thirdly, I can give you a damned good thrashing.'"

is offline Inner Goddess Of Morbid Thoughts
    Soooo.... it sounds like the predator from alien versus predator....
    Bouncey, Bouncey, Bouncey......

"are the bad people gone?"

commander sheapard: Put more of the stuff in the... the thing more stuff goes in.

Commander Shepard: You think I'm crazy, don't you?
    Urdnott Wrex: Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.

Ashley Williams: Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"?

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    ...it is highly unlikely that we would be able to pull off the massive conspiracy necessary.... I think people give the US gov't way too much credit when it comes to their ability to actually create and maintain these kinds of conspiracies.
    I'm just saying in general with regard to conspiracies rather than the specific theme of this thread:

You don't need to keep things secret. You just have to be able to humiliate and at least appear to discredit those in the know who choose to tell. You have to embellish to the point that it looks absurd, and embellish to the point that even someone who knows the reality and tries to explain it in moderate tones will be tarnished with the embellishments and extremism.

For that matter, the conspirators don't have to, most of the time. The merest hint of secret underhanded dealings either gets picked up by the extremists from the beginning and made into something absurd or the general public wants so desperately to deny such things that they will joke, make rationalizations ad in general say "it cannot be" and mock anyone who believes.

Conspiracies aside, just look at the damage PETA did to the animal rights movement with their actual absurdities. Even those of us with more moderate opinions get tarnished by the PETA problem by merely mentioning the phrase "animal rights."

I don't think there are that many secret conspiracies. Just a lot of underhanded things that are known but have so much misinformation put out there and embellished on that no one quite knows what to believe.

I also believe that one person in a high can do a lot of damage provided they keep quiet and always have a plausible answer or mode of changing the subject or laying the blame elsewhere ready the moment anyone questions them.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

It has nothing to do with the government. We all have Kundalini in our spine (serpent), this is out Reptilian blood line. The Inca or Maya worshiped the Feathered Serpent. They claim to have come from the stars, the Serpent Constilation. The alchemists beleived you could mix human blood with snake poision in a silver chalis & drink it & you would have eternal life? I'm not going to try that one.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8