Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Humanity may be targeted by predatory Reptilian extraterrestrial species

Sounds kind of like the plot to V to me

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Stimpson View Post
    Sounds kind of like the plot to V to me
    V for Vendetta?
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

This explains so much about my first husband's family...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Laisrean View Post
    V for Vendetta?
    Nope :D... V the Series. Good series, they're remaking it soon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(TV_series)

A race of aliens arrive on Earth in a fleet of 50 huge, saucer-shaped motherships, which hover over major key cities across the world. They reveal themselves on the roof of the United Nations building in New York City, appearing human but requiring special glasses to protect their eyes and having a distinctive resonance to their voices. Simply referred to as the Visitors, they reach out in friendship, ostensibly seeking the help of humans to obtain chemicals and minerals needed to aid their ailing world. In return, the Visitors promise to share their advanced technology with humanity. The governments of Earth accept the arrangement, and the Visitors, commanded by their leader John and his deputy Diana, begin to gain considerable influence with human authorities.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

I'm hungry.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Laisrean View Post
    So are humans, and yet Star Trek and Star Wars are overflowing with aliens similar to humans in appearance or form.

Plus, I'm not entirely convinced that if these creatures do in fact exist that they are necessarily extraterrestrial at all. Back in 1982 a scientist created a mockup of what a sentient bipedal Dinosaur might have looked like:

Why couldn't it have been possible something like this did evolve and somehow managed to go into space before the asteroid or whatever hit? We discover new dinosaur species all the time. Perhaps one day we'll discover this, or maybe even signs of their civilization fossilized...
    That was an episode of Star Trek Voyager, IIRC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshores View Post
    That was an episode of Star Trek Voyager, IIRC.
    Yeah, but the theory is older than that. Countless world myths talk about Reptilian beings coming down from the sky. Consider the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl, for example. His name means "feathered serpent". Interestingly, science has now proven many dinosaurs were feathered...
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

I think my IQ just dropped while reading this thread.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Why is it that reptiles always get the bad press, we humans are much nastier anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by TygerTyger View Post
    Why is it that reptiles always get the bad press, we humans are much nastier anyway!
    *Speaks to my people in Parceltongue*

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast