Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: comfortable and ready to talk...need some guidance bad

Greetings, Heather,

If by "believing in Jesus" you mean that you believe in him as the son of God and that you pray mainly to the Christian God, then your best bets are likely to be Gnostic Christianity or one of the Druid groups that accept people of all faiths, like OBOD or ADF. These groups will accept your Christian beliefs, incorporate your areas of interest, and will not require you to believe in or worship, other Gods or to exclude the Christian God from your spiritual practice with them.

If you mean that you accept Jesus as a prophet, but not as a God or an aspect of God, and if you are willing to step away from worshipping the Christian God, then many more avenues will be open to you. If that is case, let me know and I will say more on those possibilities.

And I would agree with Amora: knowing what your ancestors practised is a huge key that can reveal much about why things do or don't feel *right* or *good* to you, as well as which feelings are coming from you and which you might have inherited from the past.
    If you don't know know, try to found out everything you can, from both sides of your family.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Morgaine_cla; May 20th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
    * Three first parts of Understanding: An Eye to see what is; A Heart to feel what is; and a Boldness that dares to follow them. *

Im reading on Norvicensian witchery. wish me luck! if this isnt it i will keep looking at some of your suggestions and do more reading.
    I never knew a heart could live inside the rust from all your rain

Hell is the absence of love

Ghosted by Dandalion
    Ghosted by Midnight Flame

Arrow Just thinking...

Have you read anything on Shamanism ?
    That may be the path for you...?
    Are you meditating at all ?

Meditation helps, I can only do guided meditations
    do to a head injury...can't stay focused for long
    that's why I'm really liking candle magic !
    "Books contain words;
    trees contain energies and wisdom
    books never dreamt of." author unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MsMollimizz View Post
    Have you read anything on Shamanism ?
    That may be the path for you...?
    Are you meditating at all ?

Meditation helps, I can only do guided meditations
    do to a head injury...can't stay focused for long
    that's why I'm really liking candle magic !
    No I havent read anything on shamanism. Hmm, I will look it up. Ive got a book on meditation. I just mainly focus on my breathing and with every breathe I relax my muscles more then when Im all relaxed I let my mind wander freely but avoid any troublesome thoughts. Very new to meditating.

Ghosted by Dandalion

You might find it interesting to see if there is a Unitarian Universalist Church in your area. Many UU churches also have sub groups called CUUPS - Covenant of Unitarian Universalist PaganS.

http://www.uua.org/

http://www.cuups.org/content2/

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    You might find it interesting to see if there is a Unitarian Universalist Church in your area. Many UU churches also have sub groups called CUUPS - Covenant of Unitarian Universalist PaganS.

http://www.uua.org/

http://www.cuups.org/content2/
    Thanks for the links! I will definitely look into it!

Ghosted by Dandalion

Quote Originally Posted by swapmeetmomma View Post
    everyone in my family is either pagan wiccan or agnostic. And the only ancestors I know anything about is the mohawk tribe.
    You could try exploring your roots. If anything, it could help you feel more connected with your family history.
    Αλεξανδρα Δοροθια βωνδ
    http://helleneste.wordpress.com/
    http://www.hellenion.org

I begin to sing of Pallas Athene, the glorious goddess, bright-eyed, inventive, unbending of heart, pure virgin, saviour of cities, courageous, Tritogeneia. From his awful head wise Zeus himself bare her arrayed in warlike arms of flashing gold, and awe seized all the gods as they gazed. But Athena sprang quickly from the immortal head and stood before Zeus who holds the aegis, shaking a sharp spear: great Olympus began to reel horribly at the might of the bright-eyed goddess, and earth round about cried fearfully, and the sea was moved and tossed with dark waves, while foam burst forth suddenly: the bright Son of Hyperion stopped his swift-footed horses a long while, until the maiden Pallas Athene had stripped the heavenly armour from her immortal shoulders. And wise Zeus was glad. And so hail to you, daughter of Zeus who holds the aegis!
    - THE HOMERIC HYMNS - XXVIII. TO ATHENA

Arrow A what ?

Quote Originally Posted by swapmeetmomma View Post
    Im reading on Norvicensian witchery
    Can you explain this term ? I don't think I've ever heard it !
    "Books contain words;
    trees contain energies and wisdom
    books never dreamt of." author unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

people already my have answered this - my mind is too belh to read through pages of responses but....
    just by this little blurb - i would say youre an eclectic pagan or wiccan... in general - eclectic since you believe in jesus(what that means to you idk) with empathy and intreset in native american stuff alogn with other skills - sounds a bit eclectic to me.
    so i sugges just - reading up on the things that you like and dig your own path the way i will be...
    cuz yeah- there are things i like and things a feel but nothing that fits into one nice tidy catagory....

for me - i love the celtic art and music, but the dietes dont resonate as much with me, possibly because the names are difficult :P but the greek ones do - atleast some of them , especially Gaia...
    so yeah - read, discuss, make your own thing and dont rush it

blessed be

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3