Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What witchy/pagan books are you reading now?

Quote Originally Posted by Deerwoman View Post
    I haven't read the first Lecouteux title, but I've heard good things about it from people whose opinion I trust.
    I might check that out then .

I recieved "The Goddess is in the details" in the mail today. Only on the first chapter but it's a nice little book. It's light and fun to read. Although it is more Wiccan, the author points out the differences between being Wiccan, a witch and a Pagan and says that the book can be for anyone, which I would have to agree on. It's basically a great book to help you put a litte magic in everything you do, not just when doing a ritual or celebrating a Sabbat.

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleWitchy View Post
    I recieved "The Goddess is in the details" in the mail today. Only on the first chapter but it's a nice little book. It's light and fun to read. Although it is more Wiccan, the author points out the differences between being Wiccan, a witch and a Pagan and says that the book can be for anyone, which I would have to agree on. It's basically a great book to help you put a litte magic in everything you do, not just when doing a ritual or celebrating a Sabbat.
    The author has another book that you may like called Everyday Witch A to Z. It is another light and fun to read book. It has trivia, jokes, questions, tips, and etc. The co-author just happens to be her cat. She is also currently working on a spellbook based on this book.

I'm thinking of reading Scott Cunningham's The Magical Household today if I'm in the mood.

Simply Runes by Kim Farnell. So far I'm liking it alot. Very interesting for someone who's just started being interested in the subject...easy reading too.
    His:

Mine:

I am reading Wicca, by D.J. Conway.
    Tweet THIS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way of the Hedge Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock
    Tamara ~ 28, mom of 3, hearth witch

Dianne Sylvan's The Body Sacred. I like this book so far but I'm only half way through it.

Rebirth of the Goddess by Carol P. Christ.
    His:

Mine:

The Master Book of Herbalism by Paul Beyerl. A classic that I re-read often.
    Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

I got "The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols" today and have been looking through, reading different parts. Very impressed by it, has every symbol you could think of in it.

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast