Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What witchy/pagan books are you reading now?

An ABC of Witchcraft past and present by Doreen Valiente
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

An Ye Harm None (Magical Morality and Modern Ethics)
    ~ by Shelley TSivia Rabinovitch and Meredith Macdonald

... because "An ye harm none..." is so misunderstood. I find myself having to explain it over and over, and thought this might give me a new of explaining. I inherited it from a former coven mate.

Right now I'm reading a few books.

One of them is The Wiccan Mystic by Ben Gruagach, so far it's really interesting.

I've also started A Witches' Bible by the Farrar, it's really interesting too, I guess I was scared of its thickness and left it in the back of my books.

The last pagan book is Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons by Mara Freeman. I'm reading the may section (the book is divided by the month) and it is really good so far.

Another book I'm reading, written by an atheist trying to debunk religion in some scientific level, the book is called Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon and written by Daniel C. Dennett. While there are aspects of the book that are interesting, others make me cringe and it is obvious that the author is highly biased and tries to turn the arguments his way.

Wow, the variety of what everyone's reading is incredible!

*writes down more titles for her wanted book list*

Lightdragon, Doreen Valiente is one of my all time favourite witchcraft authors, you can't go wrong with anything by her!

WolfyJames, our Ben Gruagach has a book out? I had no idea! Thanks for the link, bookmarked!

Book of Shadows by Lady Sheba
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are tweny gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg"- Thomas Jefferson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ducking out of the way of all the incoming ego schrapnel!
    Celebrating the Pagan Soul - Our Own Stories of Inspiration and Community
    It's a compilation of works by Margot Adler, Francesca De Grandis, Judy Harrow, M. Macha NightMare, Starhawk, Oberon Zell-Ravenheart and many more.

I only just picked this up this morning because I vowed today would finally be a day of relaxation after a hectic last couple of weeks... so I'm not that far into it just yet but it really seems to be pretty uplifting and an enjoyable read so far.

Embracing the Moon by Yasmine Galenorn.

"I'll look at everything around me, and I will vow to bear in mind that alla this was just someone's idea- it could just as well be mine." -Ani Difranco.

Thumbs up

I am reading many books but right now I am reading Animal magick by DJ Conway and So far i am liking it and fine it helpful.

I also have read a field guild to otherkin by lupa that book I relate to the most for many reasons some things I do not agree with but that could be said about any book ,.

But all and all very good books.

Evolutionary Witchcraft by T. Thorn Coyle

fanflippintastic. finally I find a book related to a path that truly speaks to my core.
    Need someone to talk to? I'm Helping Hands listed!

Banner by MoonKnight

"To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life,
    of life itself and so to be present in all that one does,
    from the effort of loving to the breaking of bread."
    - James Baldwin, Author

I've been GHOSTED by Master Kodiak!

Just started "The Hedge Witch's Way" by Rae Beth.

And I am in the middle of reading "The Witches Goddess" by Janet and Stewart Farrar. This is a great book! I love it. I plan on getting "The Witches God" to go along with it.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast