Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What witchy/pagan books are you reading now?

Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    I've just searched for that on Google Books, and, it seems interesting.
    It really is an interesting book. It's small but it's all about different energy methods to power spells. It seems like she intended it to be a supplement to spell books.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleWitchy View Post
    I recently purchased "The Element Encyclopedia of 20,000 Dreams"

I am VERY impressed with it, it has been very accurate and you can find pretty much EVERY dream you could ever have. Even my sister has come into my room to get it each time she dreams something. lol

I am looking into getting all the other Element Encyclopedia books, especially interested in the witchcraft one.

Anyone got any of these books? What do you think?
    Oh, I adore the element encylopedia books. I lost all of the ones I had in a fire several years ago now, and they're still a bit pricey for me to get again...but I adore those. They really are full of awesome information...or at least every single one of the series I've read has been, xD

Atm, I'm reading "The Dream Sourcebook & Journal; a Guide to the theory and interpretation of Dreams'.
    Last edited by WildThing; October 17th, 2009 at 09:18 PM.
    His:

Mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Rainsong View Post
    It really is an interesting book. It's small but it's all about different energy methods to power spells. It seems like she intended it to be a supplement to spell books.
    It sounds quite cool, I might have to check it out, thanks again for recommending it .

The Forsaken Cornfields of Southeastern Michigan
    "Spells Bible"
    pretty good. some odd 150 spells.
    "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
    The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
    Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
    Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
    Ask for the ancient paths
    Ask where the good way is
    And walk in it."
    Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
    Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

Right now I'm just finishing up Grimoires: A History of Magic Books by Owen Davies and am working my way through Return of the Dead: Ghosts, Ancestors and the Transparent Veil of the Pagan Mind by Claude Lecouteux and The Pagan Book of Living and Dying - both conveniently in time for Samhain of course. Both the latter are excellent so far, the first deals in the views and beliefs of ghosts and the dead by Pagan cultures, and the second deals with the rituals, beliefs and behavious of Pagans when it comes to death and dying - it's more of a manual for Neopagans to deal with death and the rituals that are a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerwoman View Post
    Right now I'm just finishing up Grimoires: A History of Magic Books by Owen Davies and am working my way through Return of the Dead: Ghosts, Ancestors and the Transparent Veil of the Pagan Mind by Claude Lecouteux and The Pagan Book of Living and Dying - both conveniently in time for Samhain of course. Both the latter are excellent so far, the first deals in the views and beliefs of ghosts and the dead by Pagan cultures, and the second deals with the rituals, beliefs and behavious of Pagans when it comes to death and dying - it's more of a manual for Neopagans to deal with death and the rituals that are a part of it.
    I've got 'Grimoires: A History of Magic Books' too, and, it looks very good, from the little I've read anyway, and, I've read a bit of 'Return of the Dead' in the shops, and really want to get it.

Would you recommend his other book 'Witches, Werewolves, and Fairies: Shapeshifters and Astral Doubles in the Middle Ages'? (I think I really want to get his book 'The Secret History of Vampires: Their Multiple Forms and Hidden Purposes', which isn't published till March 2010).

I'm taking another turn with Witchcraft Today.
    There Is No Such Thing As Too Many Cats
    My Cats Are The Boss Of Me

I haven't read the first Lecouteux title, but I've heard good things about it from people whose opinion I trust.

That Grimoire book sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

“Nothing alive is the same from moment to moment. To live is to face the unknown over and over again.“

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast