Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Athame?

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell

Christian Athame?

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good athame for one to use that is more.... Christian than an actual athame?

I have been using my finger for the LBRP, but wouldn't it be neato to have an actual budding staff.... oooh or one that turned into snakes?

Seriously though, any suggestions?

Question

What would make an athame more Christian for you? A magic knife is a magic knife, isn't it? Maybe a cross-shaped hilt or something...but you tell me

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

I'm not Christian but I'm just throwing this out there...

An athame with a cross on it perhaps? Or another Christian symbol?

...Or maybe a giant cross?

That probably doesn't help much, lol

Here's some ideas...

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/...ross_knife.jpg

http://www.thecollectorsedge.com/images/LR_CE-601.jpg

http://www.ninja-weapons.com/Jewelry...BRASSCROSS.gif

https://www.giftsofthesouth.com/medi.../0/W08-11c.jpg

I particularly like:
    http://www.thecollectorsedge.com/images/LR_CE-601.jpg

Just don't try to get on a plane with it. "I swear it is my Athame!" "Uh huh. It's a knife. Security!"

I don't know...it's too...Byzantine, I guess you could say. Another thing you could try is a ceremonial dagger type thing - those have more of a cross shape to them.

Like this - even has a Solomonic hexagram and cherubim on it, according to the copy: http://www.wyrdshop.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=ATH

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Angel View Post
    I don't know...it's too...Byzantine, I guess you could say
    What does? The dagger with the celtic knotwork on it?

That dagger that you had shown me is nice, but can't really tell about the solomonic qualities from the pic.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by darkNight View Post
    What does? The dagger with the celtic knotwork on it?

That dagger that you had shown me is nice, but can't really tell about the solomonic qualities from the pic.
    Yeah the knotwork - that and the square shape just looked really medieval. Not sure why I said "Byzantine" - it kinda reminds me of that. But square = letter opener, not athame...but that's me. The main thing is what focuses your intent into results

Well the Solomonic stuff is referring to ceremonial magic symbols - I'm not sure how familiar you are with ceremonial magic, but there are whole systems attributed (for "authenticity value" to the original readers - they didn't write them) to Solomon and Enoch of Biblical fame, and those systems were used by Christians and other Mages since medieval times. You should look into that - ceremonial magic has more Christian-type content than Wicca/witchcraft, at least in my mind, but it's more complicated.

Just a long-winded suggestion - looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your path

~Jon

Oh yes, I am somewhat familiar with enochian/solomonic magick. I don't really get into the commanding demons, except in an exorcism, but not really to do my bidding. I am also familiar with John Dee, interesting cat that one.

I saw that the item mentioned solomonic attributes, but couldn't really tell on the picture.

Ever hear of the Order of the Astral Star? I posted something about them in this forum, interesting to look at if you are into ceremonial magick as I am.

I wonder if you might be able to find something like one of the Seven Daggers of Megiddo from The Omen (i.e., the knives Gregory Peck had to use to kill little Damien).

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=16853

I can't seem to find any close-ups of the daggers on Google image search, but I do remember seeing a close-up in one of the Omen movies, and they have images of Jesus crucified engraved on the handles.
    My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

i'm not sure, perhaps you can find a nice little knife or dagger from a collector's shop with a cross or something depicting a biblical scene?
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast