Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Christian Athame?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by darkNight View Post
    oh yeah, it definately rocked... we just did a full moon ritual and charged some candles which we were able to take back home.
    Cool :D So the candles are just good luck charms, for lack of a better word

Quote Originally Posted by john.a View Post
    Maybe you could get one where the handle is that fish symbol? The icthys? It would be nice and pretty. All blue and silver. Very post-modern/minimalist in design in my imagination. =)
    That would be nice too :D

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by john.a View Post
    Maybe you could get one where the handle is that fish symbol? The icthys? It would be nice and pretty. All blue and silver. Very post-modern/minimalist in design in my imagination. =)
    Yes, that would be pretty slick!

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Angel View Post
    Cool :D So the candles are just good luck charms, for lack of a better word
    We charged them with energy of happy summertime memories, so the theory is that when the winter solstice comes around and we "miss" summer <Not that I would ever miss summer>, we can unleash its energy.
    Proud to be a "heretic"

Thumbs up

We charged them with energy of happy summertime memories, so the theory is that when the winter solstice comes around and we "miss" summer <Not that I would ever miss summer>, we can unleash its energy.
    Yeah lol...that sounds useful. But at the same time, it sounds terribly kindergarten-activity-like....rofl XD I prefer my Magic to be slightly more exciting :P

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell
    you're saying you don't believe in channeling energy?
    Proud to be a "heretic"

Embarrassed

you're saying you don't believe in channeling energy?
    No no...totally not. It's just that the "missing summer" thing and the take-home activity conspired in my weirdo brain to make me think of some kid's activity - I guess I figured a magical act would have some greater purpose XD It's just what my brain conspired to make me think of...I'm incredibly free-associative. Sorry rofl...

~Jon

Seeing as how the Athame comes out of the Greater Key of Solomon, I don't understand the need to 'de-pagan' the Athame. Perhaps looking at the origins of the Athame will help you understand and appreciate it within a Judeo-Christian context?
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6