Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Christian Athame?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by darkNight View Post
    Oh yes, I am somewhat familiar with enochian/solomonic magick. I don't really get into the commanding demons, except in an exorcism, but not really to do my bidding. I am also familiar with John Dee, interesting cat that one.

I saw that the item mentioned solomonic attributes, but couldn't really tell on the picture.

Ever hear of the Order of the Astral Star? I posted something about them in this forum, interesting to look at if you are into ceremonial magick as I am.
    I looked at their site from your article - couldn't make out much about their philosophies and practices from my cursory 11 PM scan :P

Coolness - I wasn't aware you were that experienced with ceremonial magic. I'd be much more into it except for this thing called ceremony...rofl :P My parents aren't really into the whole magic thing, and I still live at home with limited space and limited privacy for ritual XD I don't wanna rock the boat - might fall right out :P I don't wanna go off-topic...but can ceremonial implements and circles be visualized like a Wiccan ritual can?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Brooks View Post
    I wonder if you might be able to find something like one of the Seven Daggers of Megiddo from The Omen (i.e., the knives Gregory Peck had to use to kill little Damien).

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=16853

I can't seem to find any close-ups of the daggers on Google image search, but I do remember seeing a close-up in one of the Omen movies, and they have images of Jesus crucified engraved on the handles.
    That would be so very metal...I second the suggestion :D

~Jon \m/ \m/
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell
    11 pm? Where are you australia? Yes, "ceremonial" actions such as the LBRP can be imagined.

Smile

No lol...it was last night :P I'm in Wisconsin...probably the only pagan in my town, except the one girl I found on Witchvox XD

Cool - I had gotten the wrong impression from all the "ceremonial" stuff :P I'm sort of going about Magical practice the same way I'm going about my mystical theory/theology - eclectically, with whatever works together together, like a good stew. Or perhaps a pizza with the works So I might add in some of that.

I must add, though, that the LBRP is only the beginning of ceremonial work - it clears your psychology and the environment (someone correct me if I'm wrong about that exactly) for the ritual to come - an appetizer You probably know that, though :P

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Well, right it banishes negative energy (though I haven't heard of the Greater Banishing Ritual, maybe I will google it). I use it before prayer, as mentioned.

Just googled it
    http://www.rahoorkhuit.net/library/c...ntagram_f.html
    Last edited by darkNight; June 5th, 2009 at 07:29 PM.

Thumbs up

Well, right it banishes negative energy (though I haven't heard of the Greater Banishing Ritual, maybe I will google it). I use it before prayer, as mentioned.

Just googled it
    http://www.rahoorkhuit.net/library/c...ntagram_f.html
    Cool - I'm really unfamiliar with all of those :P Not as into ceremonial magic as I could be XD

And I didn't know you were studying before you began practice - super sorry about that I shot my mouth off again

I have a slight theological question - why do you banish before prayer? To get yourself into a meditative state, or are there external reasons in your theology?

~Jon

Don't worry about it, it's cool... I am still a newb. It's been over a year and a day, but what do I really know? Still can't call myself a witch with any conviction, it's a label right now. Soon, hopefully.

I do the banishing ritual to set aside any negative energy that might be diluting the strength of God in my heart. Might not be the right answer, but I think a good portion of magick is psychological. My magick is basically psychology meets religion, lol.
    Last edited by darkNight; June 5th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.

Thumbs up

Don't worry about it, it's cool... I am still a newb. It's been over a year and a day, but what do I really know? Still can't call myself a witch with any conviction, it's a label right now. Soon, hopefully.
    Well, it's been less than that for me too :P I'm reading voraciously, and I pick up a lot when I read So we'll see :D

Although wouldn't you be a Christian Mage, rather than a witch?

I do the banishing ritual to set aside any negative energy that might be diluting the strength of God in my heart. Might not be the right answer, but I think a good portion of magick is psychological. My magick is basically psychology meets religion, lol.
    Well chaos magic mixes a psychological and quantum approach - I can see where you're coming from and it makes sense to me In that case a banishing would make good sense. Now I know you're an orthodox Christian, but I personally believe there are no right answers - with Magic or anything else. If it gets you results and doesn't blow you up, do it

~Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Angel View Post
    Although wouldn't you be a Christian Mage, rather than a witch?
    Perhaps, what would you say the difference is?

Well chaos magic mixes a psychological and quantum approach
    Yes, that sounds familiar like the frequency of energy and such? I am not too adept at science, except from the basics. This is along the lines of what I do... candles create energy and light wave, chanting creates sound waves, etc?

I personally believe there are no right answers - with Magic or anything else. If it gets you results and doesn't blow you up, do it
    Same here, what I feel is the divine is like a hub on a wheel (and pardon me if you heard this before, I forget where and to who I say what to. It pays to be honest ). There are many paths, or spokes, leading to the central truth.

However, ask a Satanist and you would probably get a different answer, i am not sure. What I do know is that they feel a 5 year old:

From their website (in case anyone thinks I am being mean-spirited) we are the first above-ground organization in history openly dedicated to the acceptance of Manís true natureóthat of a carnal beast.

In other words, I want what I want when I want it and I don't care what you want if it isn't what I want. Sounds like a 5 year old to me. I assume they would see theirs as the only "right" path. Anyone correct me if I am wrong?

I actually had to leave their website within seconds after getting this info, just out of the negativity it was causing me (I can't get into exactly why without being called mean-spirited in a public forum - the reason I like PMs so much).

Smile

Perhaps, what would you say the difference is?
    Witches practice folk magic - specifically witchcraft...Mages are more into ceremonial magic. It's a terminology difference - either path gets results

Yes, that sounds familiar like the frequency of energy and such? I am not too adept at science, except from the basics. This is along the lines of what I do... candles create energy and light wave, chanting creates sound waves, etc?
    Not really - more like the chaos magic principle of Kia and ether - I believe those two are separate...I have a bad memory, considering I read the book yesterday XD There's a magical field that intersects with space-time at every point - magic can influence the quantum Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle stuff and cause certain paths of events to happen, in the same way that observing a particle causes it to drop into its actual place. At least that's what I think it said...I should open my PDF and find it for you XD But it has more to do with that.

Same here, what I feel is the divine is like a hub on a wheel (and pardon me if you heard this before, I forget where and to who I say what to. It pays to be honest ). There are many paths, or spokes, leading to the central truth.

However, ask a Satanist and you would probably get a different answer, i am not sure. What I do know is that they feel a 5 year old:

From their website (in case anyone thinks I am being mean-spirited) we are the first above-ground organization in history openly dedicated to the acceptance of Manís true natureóthat of a carnal beast.

In other words, I want what I want when I want it and I don't care what you want if it isn't what I want. Sounds like a 5 year old to me. I assume they would see theirs as the only "right" path. Anyone correct me if I am wrong?

I actually had to leave their website within seconds after getting this info, just out of the negativity it was causing me (I can't get into exactly why without being called mean-spirited in a public forum - the reason I like PMs so much).
    I would correct you on that - Satanists have several laws that they follow, involving reverence for life in all its forms (based on their belief that man is just another animal...this isn't a degrading thing to them) and they often won't indoctrinate their own children. I'm not going to call you mean-spirited, but I will say that more time investigating their beliefs would probably help

~Jon

I'm sorry, you mean like Satan Xerxes Carnacki LaVey, Anton's child?

or Karla LaVey (born 1952) is the daughter of Carole and Anton LaVey, former High Priestess of the Church of Satan, and current Founder of the First Satanic Church.
    Last edited by darkNight; June 5th, 2009 at 09:15 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast