Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Christian Athame?

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Angel View Post
    (based on their belief that man is just another animal...this isn't a degrading thing to them)
    But my entire point is that animals are known to be self-centered, this is a far cry from what the Christian response is supposed to be (and I can only speak from a Christian point of view).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by darkNight View Post
    But my entire point is that animals are known to be self-centered, this is a far cry from what the Christian response is supposed to be (and I can only speak from a Christian point of view).
    What about pack animals?

And really...the children of the founders might be Satanists, but I can't say for certain there was indoctrination involved. I'm just going by forum posts I've seen from professing Satanists...to me it's a highly appealing path, but not my own

We can all only speak from our own experience - the trick is being able to understand another's without really agreeing

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

What about pack animals?
    Pack animals will resort to cannablism if the necessity arises. A Christian pack animal (a WHAT???) would sacrifice itself first.

And really...the children of the founders might be Satanists, but I can't say for certain there was indoctrination involved,
    Nor can I, but the kid's name was Satan. If there wasn't indoctrination going on, I would be surprised.

I'm just going by forum posts I've seen from professing Satanists...to me it's a highly appealing path, but not my own
    Ok. That's where you and I differ, but that's cool.

I was simply stating that if you asked 100 satanists if their philosophy/religion,whichever, was self-centered, I wouldn't be surprised if all 100 of them said yes. So going back to the original point, this stands in stark contrast to the values of Christianity. Not "saying" one is worse or better (simply because I don't care enough to debate the various merits).

Hope you understand. Not trying to be a jerk, that is just what Satanism is and how it differs from Christianity (one of the ways), so not all paths are spokes to the same hub, imho.

Cool

Nor can I, but the kid's name was Satan. If there wasn't indoctrination going on, I would be surprised.
    Yeah - that one possibility. But you have to admit that it's a parent's right to teach their children as they see fit

Ok. That's where you and I differ, but that's cool.

I was simply stating that if you asked 100 satanists if their philosophy/religion,whichever, was self-centered, I wouldn't be surprised if all 100 of them said yes. So going back to the original point, this stands in stark contrast to the values of Christianity. Not "saying" one is worse or better (simply because I don't care enough to debate the various merits).

Hope you understand. Not trying to be a jerk, that is just what Satanism is and how it differs from Christianity (one of the ways), so not all paths are spokes to the same hub, imho.
    Indeed - I would argue that Satanism is self-centered, but rationally so. There's a freedom and individualism, but not a perverse, evil hatred for all like the horror movies would have you believe :P (Not that you technically believe that :P)

I'm more of a free-floating guy as far as spokes and hubs go, but I do agree that as a Christian you can't really go "Oh, Satanism looks cool....let me eclectify some of that onto my personal mix" XD It's all dependent on individual paths :P

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Yeah - that one possibility. But you have to admit that it's a parent's right to teach their children as they see fit

Absolutely. And not "if you can admit", but will you admit that a parent teaching their children as they see fit is, in fact, indoctrination?

...but not a perverse, evil hatred for all like the horror movies would have you believe :P (Not that you technically believe that :P)
    No, I don't. I also don't believe they "worship" Satan. They "worship" themselves. And that is the one of the major theological problems I have with it. Them worshipping themselves is worshipping the created, not the creator, again IMHO. Of course, Satanist see no problem with that, but... well... I don't care (not very evangelical of me I know, and some would say I am going to hell for not trying to show the way of Jay-susa - pronounced like a televagelist). I just simply don't care, let 'em be Satanists.

...I do agree that as a Christian you can't really go "Oh, Satanism looks cool....let me eclectify some of that onto my personal mix" XD It's all dependent on individual paths :P
    True, and it also holds true the other way around.

Thumbs up

Absolutely. And not "if you can admit", but will you admit that a parent teaching their children as they see fit is, in fact, indoctrination?
    Definitely can - I just was saying that some Satanists won't teach their children what to believe, but I wasn't implying that indoctrination is always a bad thing

No, I don't. I also don't believe they "worship" Satan. They "worship" themselves. And that is the one of the major theological problems I have with it. Them worshipping themselves is worshipping the created, not the creator, again IMHO. Of course, Satanist see no problem with that, but... well... I don't care (not very evangelical of me I know, and some would say I am going to hell for not trying to show the way of Jay-susa - pronounced like a televagelist). I just simply don't care, let 'em be Satanists.
    I don't mind if you're not evangelical - in fact I see it as a positive However the whole Christian/Pagan thing is gonna make us have different viewpoints on the worship thing again

True, and it also holds true the other way around.
    Indeed - as a Satanist you can't really believe Jesus is the answer :P

Just an odd question that is somehow off-topic now...lol XD How goes the athame hunt?

~Jon

It'll probably be going a lot better when I get some $$$.

If I were just a metalsmith. I would say a carpenter, but I have a feeling metal is a better conductor than wood for some odd reason.

Also off topic, don't know if it just revisionism, but I have heard the pentagram referred to as the star of solomon, and was actually used as a christian symbol... the 5 points refer to the 5 stigmata wounds. Also, 3+2 = 5 and 3 is the trinity, 2 is the nature of JC to Christians (God and Man).
    Last edited by darkNight; June 5th, 2009 at 11:39 PM.

Smile

It'll probably be going a lot better when I get some $$$.

If I were just a metalsmith. I would say a carpenter, but I have a feeling metal is a better conductor than wood for some odd reason.

Also off topic, don't know if it just revisionism, but I have heard the pentagram referred to as the star of solomon, and was actually used as a christian symbol... the 5 points refer to the 5 stigmata wounds. Also, 3+2 = 5 and 3 is the trinity, 2 is the nature of JC to Christians (God and Man).
    I've heard of wooden athames - whatever works for you

I've heard that as well - it's not untrue at all If you wanna use a pentagram don't let anyone stop you - but keep in mind that the circle around it makes it a pentacle, which is somewhat different :P

~Jon

Got insomnia. Funny thing happens when you drink 4 monster energy drinks before bedtime.

Even funnier when I make the sign of the pentagram in church and no one raises an eyebrow.

Oh well, think I can get to sleep now.

Thumbs up

Got insomnia. Funny thing happens when you drink 4 monster energy drinks before bedtime.

Even funnier when I make the sign of the pentagram in church and no one raises an eyebrow.

Oh well, think I can get to sleep now.
    Awesome on both counts :P But what exactly is the sign of the pentagram? Not familiar with that

~Jon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast