Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Christian Athame?

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell
    Tracing the pentagram on oneself. I like it for the 4 elements + spirit meaning.

I saw in a Christian bookstore a letter opener shaped like a sword with Hebrews 4:12 on it...i think the verse was engraved on it, not 100% sure...i think the packaging said "Heb. 4:12" on it. (cause that verse says: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."--NIV) Also, at a specifically Catholic bookstore i think i saw some letter openers with saints on them...i think they were part of the Bethany Collection or the Bethany Pewter Collection or something?

That is a wonderful suggestion, a letter opener makes sense, especially one from a catholic bookstore. That would suit me well.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by darkNight View Post
    Tracing the pentagram on oneself. I like it for the 4 elements + spirit meaning.
    I see - it sounded like the Sign of the Cross but I wasn't sure I think pagan beliefs and Christian make a cool fusion...sometimes I look at all the paths available and go "how the hell am I gonna fit all this win into one system?" XD

I wonder if I could fit paganism in with Christianity and Satanism - or more properly certain Left Hand Path concepts...or if my girlfriend would kill me if I started being dark and badass (but not evil) with Magic :P Best to not try XD

And the first letter opener sounds cool - I thought of an athame cutting asunder the very fabric of reality...magical energy and all that. It fits with the verse

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Personally, I feel Christianity and Satanism mix like oil and water. People say paganism can be combined with Christianity (haven't heard of paganism-satanism, though considering Satanism worships no "god" <except for the god of self-will> it probably works). Again, personally, I don't understand how one can combine a monotheistic religion with a polytheistic one, yet I am sure it works for them.
    Last edited by darkNight; June 7th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.

cracks me up, are "rep" bars say we are both "suck-ups", BA. How'd they figure that?

Thumbs up

Personally, I feel Christianity and Satanism mix like oil and water. People say paganism can be combined with Christianity (haven't heard of paganism-satanism, though considering Satanism worships no "god" <except for the god of self-will> it probably works). Again, personally, I don't understand how one can combine a monotheistic religion with a polytheistic one, yet I am sure it works for them.
    I'd consider Satanism to actually be a form of paganism - there are those who will disagree, but it uses magic, it's not an Eastern religion, and it's not part of the Judeo-Christian spectrum. (At least not technically...lol XD) So my definition of paganism personally goes - not Judeo-Christian, not Eastern, some reliance on magic, gods, or other pre-christian practices and beliefs - it pretty much fits. However they don't self-identify as pagan, so others may disagree.

And as far as the monotheism/polytheism goes, as far as I can tell they usually assume that YHWH is one of many gods, and simply worship others as well - usually just a goddess, rather than a whole spectrum. In Christopaganism, YHWH is still Boss :P

cracks me up, are "rep" bars say we are both "suck-ups", BA. How'd they figure that?
    No idea...I hardly give any Karma at all. Not used to it - my other forum is a Star Trek RP, and the one before that was metal-oriented. Neither have had Karma systems :P

Also, everyone calls me BA :D I like it!

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Yeah, well I pitty the foos who call us suck-ups.

So sorry, had too.

Thumbs up

Lol - my brothers are huge into the A-Team That show rawks!

Don't let the thread die - I know it's Sunday and you're busy but it's Sunday and I'm bored

~Jon

Yeah, same here. Just doing some work on a report on the Apostle's Creed (the history of). Going to a full moon circle tonight, though. Should be interesting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast