Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Christian Athame?

Thumbs up

I'm just messin' with ya That sounds like some fun, though. What kind of group is that with? Other Christopagans of various types, or more regular pagan types?

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

is offline 9/10 Christians agree, Im going to hell
    Unfortunately other eclectic wiccans. And the only reason I say unfortunately is because it would be nice to meet others like myself face to face. Still, should be interesting. It is my first one, but hey, the Jews still run on a lunar calendar.
    Proud to be a "heretic"

Quote Originally Posted by darkNight View Post
    Unfortunately other eclectic wiccans. And the only reason I say unfortunately is because it would be nice to meet others like myself face to face. Still, should be interesting. It is my first one, but hey, the Jews still run on a lunar calendar.
    Well, maybe the eclecticness will rub off And yeah...if it works for the Jews it can't be too bad :P

~Jon
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good athame for one to use that is more.... Christian than an actual athame?

I have been using my finger for the LBRP, but wouldn't it be neato to have an actual budding staff.... oooh or one that turned into snakes?

Seriously though, any suggestions?
    One might consider any sword or dagger with a traditional cross-shape (rather than a curved hilt) to be like a Christian athame. The knights of the crusades used to pray before their swords pointed down, as symbols of the cross.
    Αλεξανδρα Δοροθια βωνδ
    http://helleneste.wordpress.com/
    http://www.hellenion.org

I begin to sing of Pallas Athene, the glorious goddess, bright-eyed, inventive, unbending of heart, pure virgin, saviour of cities, courageous, Tritogeneia. From his awful head wise Zeus himself bare her arrayed in warlike arms of flashing gold, and awe seized all the gods as they gazed. But Athena sprang quickly from the immortal head and stood before Zeus who holds the aegis, shaking a sharp spear: great Olympus began to reel horribly at the might of the bright-eyed goddess, and earth round about cried fearfully, and the sea was moved and tossed with dark waves, while foam burst forth suddenly: the bright Son of Hyperion stopped his swift-footed horses a long while, until the maiden Pallas Athene had stripped the heavenly armour from her immortal shoulders. And wise Zeus was glad. And so hail to you, daughter of Zeus who holds the aegis!
    - THE HOMERIC HYMNS - XXVIII. TO ATHENA

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Angel View Post
    Well, maybe the eclecticness will rub off
    I'm already eccentric, oh you said eclectic?

Quote Originally Posted by *~Amora~* View Post
    The knights of the crusades used to pray before their swords pointed down, as symbols of the cross.
    Really, I was unaware of that. Thanks
    Proud to be a "heretic"

Cool

I'm already eccentric, oh you said eclectic?

Really, I was unaware of that. Thanks
    I did - but either quality is to be desired, especially in a Mage :P

Yeah - I hadn't mentioned it because I figured you wanted something more overt, but heck...a decent straight-shaped broadsword would be great

~Jon

Went to that full moon circle tonight (ok, so it isn't a full moon yet, but they have to work around the uu church sched where they held it)

It was actually very franciscan, but instead of Brother Sun/Sister Moon it was Father Sun/Mother Earth. They started off by putting salt in with water and blessing the altar, and lighting incense. We even had communion <crackers and non-alc wine>, then we went outside to channel the energy into our candles <well, that wasn't like church>.

It was led by a woman and her husband. She literally worshipped the ground he walked on... literally.
    Proud to be a "heretic"

Thumbs up

Went to that full moon circle tonight (ok, so it isn't a full moon yet, but they have to work around the uu church sched where they held it)

It was actually very franciscan, but instead of Brother Sun/Sister Moon it was Father Sun/Mother Earth. They started off by putting salt in with water and blessing the altar, and lighting incense. We even had communion <crackers and non-alc wine>, then we went outside to channel the energy into our candles <well, that wasn't like church>.

It was led by a woman and her husband. She literally worshipped the ground he walked on... literally.
    That sounds pretty damn cool Was it just worship, or did you guys rock some sort of spell? :D

Lolz...I worship the ground my angels walk on too :P

~Jon

oh yeah, it definately rocked... we just did a full moon ritual and charged some candles which we were able to take back home.
    Proud to be a "heretic"

Maybe you could get one where the handle is that fish symbol? The icthys? It would be nice and pretty. All blue and silver. Very post-modern/minimalist in design in my imagination. =)
    "With one voice the Angels sing
    songs that make creation ring."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast