Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost colony of Roanoke

Lost colony of Roanoke

What are your theories on this? How does an entire group of people vanish without a trace and without some paranormal explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonFaerie View Post
    What are your theories on this? How does an entire group of people vanish without a trace and without some paranormal explanation?
    They move somewhere else or die off.

They leave to go back to England, and their ship sinks.

Just a couple of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonFaerie View Post
    I believe some died off and others blended into the area tribes which later moved away. I read years ago of reports of a young woman who met Virginia Dare's description being sited amongst native Americans in Florida about 15 years after the disapearances.
    Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by roguetamlin View Post
    I believe some died off and others blended into the area tribes which later moved away. I read years ago of reports of a young woman who met Virginia Dare's description being sited amongst native Americans in Florida about 15 years after the disapearances.
    Very interesting, though that does make sense. I've always been curious as to the reports that people who investigated there claimed that there was no sign whatsoever that anyone had ever lived there for any period of time. Surely there would be something left behind that people would not have thought about at the time but that did prove they had inhabited there. But yet the stories and reports I have heard all say that there was nothing at all to even indicate that people had spent any time there other than the mysterious carving in the tree.
    Last edited by CinnamonFaerie; June 6th, 2009 at 08:35 AM.

I do find it to be a very interesting mystery. The carving in the tree said Cro- would could have ment an Island, or a Native Tribe.
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

I'm rather under the impression that historians agree that they probably ended up living amongst American Indian tribes. I believe there was a genome project underway at one point in time where they were looking to a few tribes descendants and trying to see if they could find genetic material of English descent. Not sure what happened with it.

I'm fairly certain that consensus is a much more rational explanation than most people are typically led to believe.

I've pretty much heard the same story. The colony merged with a locale Indian tribe and lived in the area for a few years. Later the tribe was attacked and beaten and the prisoners were taken to the Georgia / Florida area.

Seem's there were stories of blue eyed Indians from certain tribes that originated from that area. If I recall correctly even red and limited blonde hair births.

I think the story describe on the Dare stones was though to be real though I do not know if that still is accepted as truth now.

well the living comditions from what i read were said to be pretty crummy. so they probably just up and left.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Lost Colony

I think they just died from starvation and lack of protection from the elements. The dead could have been carried off by animals.
    My light shall be the moon; And my path - the ocean; My guide the morning star; As I sail home to you. -Enya

I think that they just joined the other tribes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast