Thread: Anyone here ever participated in a sťance?

Anyone here ever participated in a sťance?

I've seen many performed in movies, but never one in real life. So, anyone got any juicy stories to share?

I have on two occasions.

The first I was a young teen and we did it in a friends basement. There were four of us sitting around a table and pretty much having fun. I don't recall all the specifics all these years later. Yet I have never forgotten that damn steamer trunk lifting into the air and sailing across the room to crash into the wall.

Let me tell you we broke that circle real quick and ran the he** out of that room and refused to go back till morning. The bad part was not only did we get the crap scared out of us but got our butts whipped by one guys dad for messing up the trunk.

Used to hear and see things in that place ever after that. Of course that is the same house we put the snakes we found out in the snow in a terrirum and had them get out when we went to the movies. His mom woke up that night with a great big old black snake curled up on her stomach.

After his mom got over the shock and her husband got them off her stomach we got our butts beat again.

The second time was pretty tame to me. A few table tappings and rocking was all we felt. Yet one girl went into the bathroom and screamed as she claimed to have seen a man outside the window who floated up then down as he watched her.

Yet me, I never witnessed or saw anything beyond the table tapping and rocking.

I did. I was with a group of my girlfriends and were invited by Karen's favorite psychic. We did pay... it was what I expected. The temp dropped, there was a breeze, the candles blew and the lady contacted a messenger from the beyond:giggle:
    It was pretty fun, and fluffy.
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Flying trunks sounds exciting. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Dumunzi View Post
    Flying trunks sounds exciting. O_O
    I suppose in retrospect it was but at the time it was really scarry. I just recall how the trunk looked so large to us as if went across the room and smacked into the wall. I was ten or eleven at the time and we had decided to do what we saw some adults do.

All these years latter I still find myself questioning what I actually saw that night and what occured.

I have participated in a couple of them. They were very interesting.

Well, I wouldn't really call them seances, because my friends and I were quite young and had only vague ideas of what we were doing. We lit candles, gathered in a circle and held hands, tried to call upon our dead loved ones. I don't remember anything exciting happening.

It is telling that most people's experiences with the seance scenario have occurred when they were young and looking for some excitement. Though the seance is often seen in movies and such, it is not nearly as commonly performed as one might think. Why? It is simply not necessary to go through the 'motions' of holding hands around a table in a candlelit room, etc. A medium can do his/her spirit work WITHOUT this setting and someone who INSISTS on this setting is probably more inclined to entertain than to actually communicate with the deceased.

It is interesting too that when something DOES happen (i.e. trunk) it causes such a negative reaction. If you are asking for a sign of a presence, then why are you horrified if you are given a sign? People who are deceased and in spirit form cannot ALL perform these overt manifestations of their presence and the ones who CAN do not usually have such discreet or finite control over how the object 'responds.' Think of a young child pitching his first baseball....it might go anywhere....it might even smack someone between the eyes but this was not the 'intention'....it was merely the result of 'reaching' for some new or rarely used activity. We should NEVER respond to manifestations with fear (this is why children shouldn't being playing seances...lol) because they are most often simply the answer to your request. ALSO, people in spirit do not wait for seances in order to make their presence known. If they did, they would be waiting a long time!

is offline The best things in life are always free.
    I gotta few juicy stories up my sleeve. (;

Well, my friends have always been interested in the whole "Birthday Party Fun" kind of things, so one year I suggested a seance.
    So, there was a room full of teenage girls at my friend Bailey's birthday party, her mom, and I all in a circle. And, me being me, I was the only one who knew how to run the seance.
    And, as many know , the common words a lot of people say are, "If someone is here right now, please give us a sign."
    One of the girls had brought her iPod and her iHome, and it suddenly turned on and played by itself. All of a sudden, one of the girls burst into tears and said, "This was my uncle's favorite song. He died about a year ago."
    We turned it off, and continued the seance.
    We asked a question, and then got no answer.
    Just when we were about to ask again, the candle blew out on it's own and the room went pitch black.
    I saw shadows in the darkness just before the light was flicked on and Bailey's mom said "That's enough for one night. Let's go watch some movies."

Now, I know that may not be an exactly real seance, but I was like, 12 at the time. xD
    But everyone thought that was how a seance went at that time. (:

But...I likes the butterfly...