Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Ancestral Heritage

English family heritage

Mother: 1/2 Algonquin (Mi'kmaq, Abenaki), 1/2 Irish
    Father: 1/4 Blackfoot, 1/4 Welsh, 1/2 Irish

Another mutt checking in.

I'm 50% German, 25% Choctaw and the rest is a potpourri of Northern European and a smidgeon of Irish.

So, even though I'm only about 4% Irish, I still walk around with a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish!" button on St. Paddy's Day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scottish, with enough Ashkenazi Jew to show up on DNA tests, but Scottish as far back as I can trace it...(which is 1300s-1400s in all cases, one line to the 700s.)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbieoffractals View Post
    ... one line to the 700s.
    Although it depends on what nationality you are searching, if you aren't tracing noble lineage back that far, chances are it's just some wishful thinking that someone typed into Ancestry.com. I'm from a rather well-known English noble family (...that moved to the USA when our fortunes declined), and even _I_ don't trust anything pre-Hastings.

Buy my latest book, ACHERON, as an exclusive audiobook from Audible.com now!
    (Or sign up for a 30-day trial of Audible.com, and get it for free!)

I'm German on my Father's side (traced back to the early 1600s.) and Irish on my Mother's side (not traced back nearly as far.)
    "Some people would rather die than think, in fact many do so." - B. Russell

"Punishments inflicted with signs of anger are useless." - I Kant

"Can't you see what's plain as day,
    It's always been there inside of you.
    One saving grace that's hard to face.
    Embracing the truth will change your fate.
    It's up to you and the path you choose,
    To be led to the slaughter or lead the way.
    The quest for light, a worthwhile fight
    Will you have what it takes?
    Come what may." - J Schaffer

My Mother's family came from Yorkshire and my Dad's from Lancashire... although I'm sure we come from other parts of Britain before the industrial revolution.

As most Ethnic English people, it's safe to assume that I have a mix of Norman and Anglo-Saxon. Our name, Stimpson, comes from a number of different versions of "sons of Sven" (the same way Stevenson and Simpson derive), so atleast a part of me is Northern European. Looking at how Britain is a mixing pot of ancient and modern ethnicity, so I probably have some Briton in there unless my family originates from a highly Ango or Norman region of the UK.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

I'm 100% English but typical of dwelers on this island going back just a little shows how changeable life here has been, and just how many times we've been invaded lol

If i trace mine back just two generations i end up at English, Irish, Welsh and polish even further then that and there's Scottish and a few other northen europen countres.

I think on the whole if i were to look back far enough i would find i'm a mix of Germanic/Celtic blood with just a hint of saxon ^_^
    Yes i'm dis......... dis lec ......... dis lec sick, ok i can't spell.

I ARE USING MY BEST ENGLANG TO TYPE!!!

I ARE SERIOUS OH WAIT IM AQUARIUS NEVER MIND, CRAZY OR GENEIOUS CAN I BE BOTH???

Just beacause you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exsist.

is offline walking the road to see where it leads
    Scottish through and through on my fathers side, a bit Irish a bit German a bit English (... related to the historical Bloody Mary) and a hint Cheyenne on my Mom's side.

I really wish to pursue a bit of a tour of ancestral dwelling on my father's side of the family... for the observance of tragedies and for the pride of the warrior blood... the Isle of Skye being paramount, and also an observance of a sect of our clan's massacre at Glencoe... amongst a visit to the Isle of Jura, not in part to see if I could buy a couple bottles of my favorite Scotch whilst there.
    Per Mare, Per Terras!!!

Feel Free to PM me with your request

*sigh* I finally did it... thar be my dragons, pwease qwick them... I don't want to go to jail for neglect... what'd a dragon ever do to you??

Your friendly solitary non-traditional eclectic.

"Follow me into the depths of insanity, leave beliefs and apprehensions at the door"- quoth the ocelot

Directly, England and Northern Ireland. My maternal grandparents were from London (Grandmummy) and Cornwall (Granddad), and moved here after the first bomb on London with the help of my grandfather's sister in Ohio. My father's family is from Belfast, and the McElroy surname goes back that way for centuries.

On my maternal grandfather's side, though, there's some Russian ancestry, you can tell from his surname, but he wasn't sure how far back it actually went, since his father and grandfather had Cornish accents, as best as he could tell.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast