Thread: Any comments on this site?

Any comments on this site?

Looking for constructive criticism please. I know there's something I could/should fix for the website but I'm at a loss on what exactly to do to make it better. Since this is a website review forum I thought I'd ask for help here.

Are the colors not what you would like? Not enough subject matter? Not enough relevant posts? Any criticism you got...I'd be willing to work with. =]

http://www.paganx.net

Make it better? According to your prizes, the site's already ranked nr. 1 at a couple of leaderboards.

I like the colours, though the accentuating colours are a bit overpowering. Contrast is good, but too much is pushing it and makes it harder to read.

Personally I think showing today's day is unnecessary. The time might be helpful when trying to figure out when a post was made, especially when dealing with differing time zones.

The topic range seems broad enough.

I wouldn't worry, if I were you. Mystic Wicks started small, too.

One way to make your community grow: advertise! I'm sure mol can find space for another banner.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

Quote Originally Posted by Xentor View Post
    Make it better? According to your prizes, the site's already ranked nr. 1 at a couple of leaderboards.

I like the colours, though the accentuating colours are a bit overpowering. Contrast is good, but too much is pushing it and makes it harder to read.

Personally I think showing today's day is unnecessary. The time might be helpful when trying to figure out when a post was made, especially when dealing with differing time zones.

The topic range seems broad enough.

I wouldn't worry, if I were you. Mystic Wicks started small, too.

One way to make your community grow: advertise! I'm sure mol can find space for another banner.
    Appreciate the info, i'm writing it into my notepad.

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    I liked the colors of Style 3, but not the wood as the header. Same with Style 6. The color scheme was neat, but the chrome top had me scratching my head. Style 19 I found the easiest to read and I liked the flames on top.

I was surprised at the modern type images with the pagan theme. I thought it was an interesting combination.

Is there a way to make it so there is no header at all though? On MW you can set it to default style and it takes almost all the color and graphics out.

It looks like you have a good range of topics. However on Divination I would maybe put in subclasses like Tarot, Runes, Channeling....
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Just taking a quick glance, is there any way to have a neutral color scheme with a non-black background?

There could be yes. Is there any theme in particular you are wondering about?

Actually I like the presentation. So many pagan sites go for neutral or natural themes and sometimes even ancient, with castles and faires and things. Having such a modern reprisentation is actually quite refreshing. I like the cityscape you've got going and like the dashing bright colours for each section. Like neon signs on buildings. It's a modern theme, for the modern pagan. I approve
    I now have new eggs and hatchlings, please click them, too! ---> http://magistream.com/user/MightyOak

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    Just taking a quick glance, is there any way to have a neutral color scheme with a non-black background?

This bothered me, too. Also, while it's great that you have so many colour variations, personally I wouldn't want to spend time clicking through each one when the changes are only minimal. Perhaps less choice, but a wider range of backgrounds (a dark one, a light one, a neutral one, perhaps a coloured one or two) might be better than 20 different options who are very similar to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    This bothered me, too. Also, while it's great that you have so many colour variations, personally I wouldn't want to spend time clicking through each one when the changes are only minimal. Perhaps less choice, but a wider range of backgrounds (a dark one, a light one, a neutral one, perhaps a coloured one or two) might be better than 20 different options who are very similar to each other.
    I'll take that into consideration and am thinking of adding color-based and light-based themes after #20. I'd rather have more Choices then less choices. I learned that the hard way by only offering 2 or 3 themes last time.

Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Caen; September 24th, 2009 at 06:53 PM.