Thread: Energy through the intrawebs

Energy through the intrawebs

The search is down, I apologize if this has been asked before.

How do you send positive energy through the internet? Like...how do you make it go to the person you want it to? There's an entire forum here that works off this principle so I'm wondering how it works. I tried it today, but I'm just not sure if it ended up in the right place...
    -little owl[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, it's all about intent, right? I would imagine that if you can focus enough on what you know about the person you're sending energy to, its going to go where you want it to.
    I also imagine there'd be a (relatively speaking) large chance for something to get screwed up.

Good question.
    Untill I came to MW I had never tried sending energy to people I only knew through the internet and I wasn't sure if I could do it. It turned out I could though.
    For me, I need as much information as possible. If it is someone I know quite well it is easier. I start by focusing on the person who asked for help and making sure I understand what their need is. Sometimes I concentrate on their profile picture or on something which I associate with them. Quite often I ask for more information before I try to do anything. And then I just mentally visualize transferring the energy.

A few words of caution though. Before doing this over the internet my only real experience of giving energy was with friends and family and in those situations I was much more carefull about grounding myself before and afterwards and replenishing the energy I used. It is very tempting when going through the energy request threads to give energy to all those you would like to help without taking the time out to take proper precautions. I know this because I made myself ill.
    So now I am mush more carefull and perhaps selfish. Firstly I just don't do actual energy work very often; and I am very choosy about who I give energy to and how and when... In reality sometimes a hug or a prayer can be just as meaningful to the person in need. (In my personal belief system I often ask my Goddess to help when I think my own energy is not up to the job). Secondly when I do decide to give energy I am very specific about the the type of energy I give. And I am carefull to ground myself and replenish my energy as soon as possible afterwards. My preferred method is doing a visuallisation while in a luke warm shower.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

*double post*
    Last edited by Cassie; July 21st, 2009 at 03:04 PM.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

I've found that it works much better with several people, especially if one is aware they should be recieving the energy. I used to run a small, close-knit online coven, and we did many successful workings this way- including healing.
    Ivy Artemisia
    Twilight Spiral Coven [Site | Facebook]
    Hearth and Hedgerow [Site | Etsy Shop]

I've definitely sent and received energy over the webbernets (intrawebs as it were). I'd never thought to do it until I came to MW.

An idea:

If you have a buddy you feel comfortable with here on MW, ask them to place five different colored cards somewhere around their computer monitor.

Sometime after asking them to do so, PM them a list of what five colors you think they used.

rinse and repeat. Learning to focus on the perceived surrounding of your subject can help you develop faster in sending energy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
    Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

*FORUM GUIDE MODE*

Moving to the New Pagan's Broomcloset Sub-Forum.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017