Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any Taboos on Your Path?

And here I thought you were talking about taboos. No, you're all talking about sins and actions frowned upon.

Taboos are things you don't talk about. At. All. Things you cannot discuss, even if you'd want to, but most likely make you feel so uncomfortable that you don't want to either.

My path does not have any of those, as far as I know.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

An important taboo on my path is the consumption of things that will alter your mind and the way you think. This includes alcohol, recreational drugs, too much food, or too much media.

Glad that is not my path...

I would have to stop breathing...

Great fortune on your path , however !

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJadeWolf View Post
    An important taboo on my path is the consumption of things that will alter your mind and the way you think.

I really can't say there are any taboo's on my pathwalk. Even stupidy is a lesson to be learnt from, though it may take a great while for some.

There are things I do not do because of social or ethical influcences but they are my own constructs not restrictions from my pathwalk. They are choices I choose to make because of my nature not rules or restricitions of my path.

For instance killing is a thing I choose not to do, yet thier is nothing in my pathwalk against doing so nor do I have an aversion to doing so if it is a must situation. Drinking is a thing I choose not to do from the understanding I liked to fight when I did so it was unwise, made me very intolerant of others. Just examples of mine and the way I see them utilized.

Turning your back on blood relations. We choose our families for the lessons we will learn and the strengths we will gain so we have no excuse for turning away from them just because they are unpleasant to deal with. We are who we are because of them and our choice to be bborn among them, turning our backs on them is turning our backs on ourselves.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Mater View Post
    Turning your back on blood relations.
    QFT

I agree with this although for me it is a cultural bias rather than strictly a taboo.

My path incorporates personal 'taboos', geasa, that can be both having to do things as well as never doing things. For example, I have the personal gease of having everything I say be strictly true.

Generally in my Path coercion is completely unacceptable.
    *I am a mystic and work through Imbas rather than re-constructive archeology. Lore, history, and research are vital tools and permit us to validate and amplify communications we recieve. Disagreement and referencing of materials are also welcome benchmarks. What I say is not the 'Truth' but only my perception/opinion/belief and I am happy to give the same consideration to everyone else's point of view.*

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

"everyone [is] entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." Stephen Colbert

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    EVERYONE has taboos...incest, murder, beastiality, caniballism...some cultures have done each of those for religious purposes at some point...most people would not do them now as they are taboo.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Making an offering to a deity while having blood or other bodily fluids on my hands would be taboo.

Wilful Ignorance, personal/self perfidiousness and intellectual/academic dishonesty.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Improper spelling , in whatever language...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast