Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Any Taboos on Your Path?

I have discovered that I have personal taboos about naming which deities I work with, and what magic I have worked. Even to the point where I can't bring myself to even write them down. This is completely contrary to the way I used to be, too, which makes it especially strange to me. I have come to a place in my life where I want to leave the mysteries as mysteries.

This is probably going to sound silly, but it is taboo to eat dog in my religion. Not a difficult thing to avoid, eh? Hahahaha.
    "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble, the sheep in the fields, the cow in the corn."
    "The past is like a fish. You can't change it."

Check out my shop on Etsy:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HoodedCrowCrafts?ref=si_shop

1. Loss of self-control / lack of discipline
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

No candle magic (birthday cakes excepted) during the "dark time" between Samhain and Yule.

Black vestments are reserved for clergy.

Degree advancement ceremony is oathbound.

To kill, to rape, molest,to defile the environment consciously, to engage in pedophilia, zoophilia, and necrophilia, to engage in war, to torture another living thing, to seek to convert another to another religion (one should proselytize values, for the divine honors all paths of reverence), to be rich without using your wealth to help others, to engage in tyranny, to worship or swear oaths by devils (the wicked spirits born from human evil and disharmony with the Gods and the universe), to make a sacrifice of life, to spill blood in the name of a deity, to oppress others, to spit on or deliberately harm any religious item of any faith, to disrespect the sacred spirit hosts, to engage in nationalism, to stalk someone, to lie to the one you love about ANYTHING, to engage in corporatism, to deliberately wipe out a species (this is reserved for nature alone).

Basically standard human taboos (killing, raping, cannibalism and such) and then path specific would be Oath Breaking.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Taboos include the basics but others are ignorance, putting others' beliefs down regardless of who they are, using magick in a selfish way, don't assume or condemn other religious beliefs just because they seem similar, and keep an open mind.

During the new moon (or dark face of the Goddess), the time in between Samhain and Yule, or during tough times or the death of loved ones don't do magick PERIOD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4