Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lammas Celebrations

Lammas Celebrations

I was just wondering what others are doing for Lammas this year.

Me, it's another quiet celebration at home, with red and orange candles and lots of prayer and meditation time.

I would like to have a bonfire if the weather permits, I find that it enhances the specialness of the celebration for me. Let's hope the weather cooperates this year.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

My first Lammas

I'm pretty excited to be celebrating my first Sabbat this Lammas. As I practice in solitude, I will be burning red and orange candles, putting other items on my altar and I hope to have a bonfire as well.

We're having some friends over and grilling out - I plan to make a loaf of sun dried tomato bread and some veggie kabobs. Should be pretty tasty.

Of course I'm still kinda "in-the-closet" even as a Christian Witch so whatever I do it'll be pretty "normal" in the eyes of those coming to the cookout.
    - barefoot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower" - albert camus

Probably nothing. I'd like to do something but I have no idea what to do. It'll be big if I manage to even wake up before noon. I NEED to clean, not celebrate. Of course I've NEEDED to clean for several months now, but that's another issue.

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Lammas "is" Lughnasadh, yes? My memory isn't functioning well lately. I used to know this like the back of my hand. (I'm not Wiccan myself, and have never really followed any tradition with the similar dates/rituals/etc. I usually do have these memorized better, though...)

In any case, this applies for pretty much any of these "big holidays." As far as I know, a scheduled ritual is tomorrow evening...with this group at the UU church I attend. I haven't heard much word on that, though, so I'm not entirely sure if it actually is happening or not. I'll probably find out shortly, though.

I also suspect that the next moon circle I attend at Avalon will mention the day/time, if nothing else.

That's about all I'm doing, though. Hanging out and doing things with others. I won't be doing anything by myself, though.
    02-07-1943
    05-19-2009
    Papi - R.I.P.
    I love you. Always.

Yes, Toki... Lammas is the more Christianized version of Lughnasadh. Your memory and mind are perfectly fine.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

It will involve beer, copious amounts and copious varieties of beer.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Beer!

Yeah, my celebration promises to include lots of beer as well...in fact, I've just started with the first one of the night for me!

Blessed Lammas/Lughnasad!
    - barefoot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower" - albert camus

Drumming and fire. Lots of drumming and fire.
    A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
    -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Well, Lord/Lady willing i'll be near a cornfield on the evening of the 6th, and i intend to walk into that cornfield (i've done it before) and sing a Danish folksong "Cutting golden grain down." i'm really really hoping to go hiking with a relative at a lovely state park next saturday. probably also a small ritual or two at home.
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

My Lammas prayer

O Three of my love--Father, Son, and Sophia Spirit--i have not forgotten the turnings and seasons of the Earth You have created, nor have i forgotten my blood and my ancestors of Ireland, England, Cornwall, and Wales. Thus i have not forgotten the sacred festival of Lammas, the Loaf-Mass, the beginning of harvest. O Holy Trinity, may the harvest be plentiful and feed all who hunger so that none may go without food. In Your Name, Holy Trinity, so may it be.
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast