Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lammas Celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by zionwood View Post
    O Three of my love--Father, Son, and Sophia Spirit--i have not forgotten the turnings and seasons of the Earth You have created, nor have i forgotten my blood and my ancestors of Ireland, England, Cornwall, and Wales. Thus i have not forgotten the sacred festival of Lammas, the Loaf-Mass, the beginning of harvest. O Holy Trinity, may the harvest be plentiful and feed all who hunger so that none may go without food. In Your Name, Holy Trinity, so may it be.
    That's beautiful! Do you mind if I use it (substituting my heritage of course). Your words are great
    - barefoot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower" - albert camus

sure, go right ahead!
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

but if you write it down, please attribute it as being adapted from Zion Mystic or Birdy.
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

I didn't do anything. I was too tired from going to Relay for Life the day before.
    Um, I did make some blueberry muffins a few days later. From a mix.

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I ended up praying that prayer in a cornfield.
    the park will have to wait...

bumpin' it up

Happy Lammas! I figured this was a good time to bump this thread up. Are you celebrating Lammas this year? And if so, how?
    Myself, i'm saying the Rosary (Luminous Mysteries, which include the Transfiguration, traditionally celebrated Aug. 6) on the 11th and possibly the 4th (since they are Thursdays, the day of the week to say the Luminous mysteries.) Also doing a little private ritual on the 6th or 7th, and probably visiting a local hill on the 6th since Lammas/Lughnasa celebrations traditionally take place on mountains (like in Ireland, and i am part Irish.) Also, modern-day state fairs are evidently a descendant of Lammas fairs, and the one in my state is in August so i plan to go to that and see it as a modern-say Lammas celebration. Kind of exciting! Furthermore for the next couple days i will be someplace with a cornfield so i'll see i can do a little personal observance there.
    For those in the southern hemisphere, happy Imbolc. here's the (Christian witch) Imbolc thread: http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...olc-Candlemass

i baked some bread yesterday and had intended to spend some time outside today since i got home from work but so far...i'm sittin' on my butt watching charmed! maybe i'll sit out on my balcony and commune with nature and the change of the season. soooooo tired right now though!
    - e

- breathe.dance.love.laugh -

did a baked potatoe for dinner tonight. with butter, garlic and bacon crumbles. and a side of carrots. we raised the potatoes, carrots and garlic. the carrots were only out of the ground about 3 minutes....

home grown food tastes so much better.
    Gardener, Martial Artist, Immortal

Lammas is always one of those holidays that seems to smeak up on me, and I have nothing planned, or I forget about it entirely! I tend to use this page as inspiration for my celebrations. I like the association of the Eucharist with the older image of John Barleycorn. I also adore the Feast of the Transfiguration on August 6th, and the Feast of Saint Mary the Virgin on the 15th, as I usually go to "my" convent around this time of year, and celebrating these reminds me of happy times with "my" nuns. Since I totally flaked out this year, I think I am going to move my celebration to one of those days, and in addition to baking and saying the Office, I will pray for a blessing on my new school year, which starts August 18th.
    Edit:
    There is also a really cool Lammas Liturgy located here. Just type in Lammas, and a bunch of stuff will pop up.
    Last edited by HerbGurl; August 5th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Quote Originally Posted by HerbGurl View Post
    Lammas is always one of those holidays that seems to smeak up on me, and I have nothing planned, or I forget about it entirely! I tend to use this page as inspiration for my celebrations. I like the association of the Eucharist with the older image of John Barleycorn. I also adore the Feast of the Transfiguration on August 6th, and the Feast of Saint Mary the Virgin on the 15th, as I usually go to "my" convent around this time of year, and celebrating these reminds me of happy times with "my" nuns. Since I totally flaked out this year, I think I am going to move my celebration to one of those days, and in addition to baking and saying the Office, I will pray for a blessing on my new school year, which starts August 18th.
    Edit:
    There is also a really cool Lammas Liturgy located here. Just type in Lammas, and a bunch of stuff will pop up.
    I found this really cool page: A Christian Liturgy for Lughnasadh and the page described above has a new link here.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast