Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariste View Post
    make taco dip in the crockpot
    I live alone; that's still too much meat for a single person and I'd be eating it for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    When there's a good sale on ground beef, I sometimes buy a value pack and freeze half in 1-pound packages and cook the rest so it's ready to toss into spagetti sauce or tacos or whatever. Just have to label the freezer bags clearly so I knew which was raw and which was cooked. But that was like a 10 pound chub. With just three pounds, it will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge pre-cooked.
    I don't usually cook any of it off beforehand, but I break them into 1 lb. portions as well. Usually the only exception is if I buy the big chub and make meatballs with all of it. I'll cook those off, portion them into zip bags and freeze. Sometimes dinner is just a meatball away.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    I live alone; that's still too much meat for a single person and I'd be eating it for a week.

I don't usually cook any of it off beforehand, but I break them into 1 lb. portions as well. Usually the only exception is if I buy the big chub and make meatballs with all of it. I'll cook those off, portion them into zip bags and freeze. Sometimes dinner is just a meatball away.
    Yeah, I've made ground beef up into meatballs and cooked them and then frozen them. There are actually quite a few things that can be done with meatballs.

Yesterday was homemade bic macs(only 1 patty and bun),sweet potato fries and corn on the cob.

Tonite is english muffin pizzas,loaded with veggies.

This week was quick,easy and cheap
    Bethany: You're saying that having beliefs is a bad thing?
    Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. ~Dogma,1999~

Today we are having McDonalds because my jerk of a husband spray painted some bike parts and hung them all over the kitchen and I can't even go in there. Chicken Potpie will have to wait till tomorrow.

Last night I made a roasted chicken with potatos, carrots, onions and home grown golden beets. The bird was an almost 7 lb roaster so I've got lots of chicken and potato left; I'll have leftovers tonight and just steam off some broccoli as a veg.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Tonight's dinner is linguine with white clam sauce. I've been dying for it all week and I'm so SICK of eating leftover chicken.

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

I have a migraine so I'm keeping it simple tonight, will just make chipped beef gravy on biscuits with some veggie from the freezer. I think there are still some of the gluten-free cookies to go with ice cream. And then I will go into my room and close the door and be very quiet for the rest of the evening.

I made boiled dinner with ham last night. Lots of the "stock" left and it's going to be cold and rainy for awhile so... Sat., split pea soup w/leftover ham and Mon. veggie soup w/grilled cheese sandwich. Hubby really loves my soups so when it's it starts getting cold we have homemade soup allot.
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Last night was
    McDonald's
    , they are having a contest.
    “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years”

Thomas Wolfe

For lunch,pumpkin soup...and for dinner.Shrimp fra diavolo with salad and garlic bread.Of course,I forgot an ingredient or two,so I have to run to the store . I hate when I do that,especially since I was just there last night
    Bethany: You're saying that having beliefs is a bad thing?
    Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. ~Dogma,1999~

Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast