Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

I am getting some wonderful ideas for dinners from you guys...a total bonus!

I'm right there with ya WitchJezebel. I've been looking forward to cooler temps so I can enjoy a slow and low pot of beans for some chili.

I have no clue whats on the menu tonight. I'm kind of in the mood for some sushi!

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Sorry, no meat this time. I'm making a variety of curried veggies. Probably potatoes, spinach and cauliflower. Oh, and plain rice on the side.

Tonight we will have crayfish(crawdad) stew. It has shallots, onion, garlic and a lemon (quartered) with a large can of diced tomatoes. Crayfish, mussels, clams and maybe shrimp. Potatoes and corn on the cob cut into pieces. Then on the side, garlic bread.
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Cindlady2 View Post
    Tonight we will have crayfish(crawdad) stew. It has shallots, onion, garlic and a lemon (quartered) with a large can of diced tomatoes. Crayfish, mussels, clams and maybe shrimp. Potatoes and corn on the cob cut into pieces. Then on the side, garlic bread.
    Can I come for dinner? I'll bring dessert?

That sounds so good, you've got my brain buzzing to make something like that this weekend.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

The weather has been chilly and wet here - putting me in the mood for stew as well. I'll have to hurry to get it made as Indian Summer will be here soon and we'll be back to wanting cool foods for a few weeks more before fall sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    Can I come for dinner? I'll bring dessert?

That sounds so good, you've got my brain buzzing to make something like that this weekend.
    Dinner is at 7:00 Chocolate mousse would be great!
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Cindlady2 View Post
    Dinner is at 7:00 Chocolate mousse would be great!

Chocolate Mousse Imperiale?

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

OMG I'll bring the wine or beer? drool drool.

Hahahaha you guys have some really great menus. And I'm loving the crawdad stew idea. My husband is from Louisianna and I bet he'd love it if I made a stew like what you've mentioned Cind.

Do you think you could pass along that recipe to me in PM or post it up here? I'd love to surprise him with a good seafood style stew.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

is offline getting greener by the day
    We're having lasagna tonight.

I just finished putting up about 40 lbs of tomatoes (made a starter-sauce with the tomatoes, green peppers, onion, garlic, and celery). I kept some of the sauce out to make pasta sauce tonight for the lasagna.

I'm looking forward to cooler weather too. With all this starter, we'll be having lots of wonderful chilis, soups, pasta dishes ... yummy!

I'm not cooking tonight; I'll scrounge around the fridge for leftovers. It's going to be an interesting mix of flavors I'll tell you that.

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast