Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

A Kingdom which is United. The United Kingdom
    Fajitas!
    Bloggy-wog:
    http://brangwyn.blogspot.com/

'Some people never go crazy: what truly horrible lives they must live' - Charles Bukowski

Keeping my fingers crossed for eggplant parmesan. Entirely dependent on whether there's eggplant in the CSA pick-up this week.
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Tonight, I'm deboning some chicken thighs, stuffing them with a combination of rice and veggies, baking and then glazing them with sweet and sour sauce. I'm thinking of having Teriyaki rice or mashed potatoes and corn on the side. :D
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Quote Originally Posted by HetHert View Post
    OMG I'll bring the wine or beer? drool drool.

Hahahaha you guys have some really great menus. And I'm loving the crawdad stew idea. My husband is from Louisianna and I bet he'd love it if I made a stew like what you've mentioned Cind.

Do you think you could pass along that recipe to me in PM or post it up here? I'd love to surprise him with a good seafood style stew.
    Well, you want about 1/2 to 1 pound of crayfish for each person, there is allot of waste on those. 4-6 mussels, clams, and shrimp for each person. All mine were frozen.
    I used 4 med. shallots, 1/2 a med. onion and 4 cloves of garlic. In a large pot simmer them with a little water until clear. Add the large can of diced tomatoes and the cut up potatoes. Add water to cover potatoes. Simmer until almost done. Add seasoning (Louisiana seafood or what you like). Add corn, cook about 10 min. add frozen seafood. Almost cover with water and bring to boil. Seafood should be done but check it. Add more seasoning if needed.

That's about as close as I get to a recipe. Good luck!
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Woo hoo thanks Cind!!!

So tonight I'm making home-made bolognese sauce for some ravioli.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

I'm going to have curry. I use some recipe from Lee Kim Kee's Coconut Flavored Curry Sauce. (I get it at the asian market.) I cook up some chicken and potatoes with the sauce. Then, I throw in some frozen vegetables. After a while, I put it over rice. Yum!

Kale, new potatoes, & black beans in a skillet with...seasoning of some sort. This time of year, we mostly make up meals as we go.
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Quote Originally Posted by Windsmith View Post
    Kale, new potatoes, & black beans in a skillet with...seasoning of some sort. This time of year, we mostly make up meals as we go.
    Hamburger was on sale at Target - looks like we're having burgers tonight. I'm not cooking so I don't know what we'll have to go with 'em.

I have no clue what I'm having for dinner tonite but it'll definitely be something simple; I'm too tired to get involved with a big meal today.
    Last edited by WitchJezebel; September 1st, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

A big salad will be part of it. I have to use up the greens in my fridge before they go bad.

I'm not that fond of freezing the greens and adding them to soup later, but might do that if I can't use them up fast enough.

Probably stir-fry a bit of beef and rice to the side.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast