Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Shrimp Four Seasons ala sleepycat:

Wild rice cooked in an onion broth
    Covered with Snowpea pods sauteed with chopped garlic and sprinkled with sesame seeds
    Covered with peeled & de-veined shrimp sauteed with saffron in a butter & lemon sauce
    Covered with red and yellow bell pepper shreds steamed 'till hot and crispy

no side dish, doesn't need one. And no leftovers 'cause every bite gets eaten. *grin*
    A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
    -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Quote Originally Posted by sleepycat View Post
    Shrimp Four Seasons ala sleepycat:

Wild rice cooked in an onion broth
    Covered with Snowpea pods sauteed with chopped garlic and sprinkled with sesame seeds
    Covered with peeled & de-veined shrimp sauteed with saffron in a butter & lemon sauce
    Covered with red and yellow bell pepper shreds steamed 'till hot and crispy

no side dish, doesn't need one. And no leftovers 'cause every bite gets eaten. *grin*
    Dang, that sounds yummy, I'm going to have give that a try I've got shrimp in the freezer!

Tonight I had sauteed chicken breasts, steamed broccoli and cheesy noodles. Quick, painless and pretty tasty.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Last nite I made a stir fry with chicken and Japanese eggplant with a Gen'l Tsao's type sauce over white rice.

Tonight will most likely be pasta with homemade sauce/meatballs and a salad.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    Last nite I made a stir fry with chicken and Japanese eggplant with a Gen'l Tsao's type sauce over white rice.

Tonight will most likely be pasta with homemade sauce/meatballs and a salad.
    I haven't found a recipe for homemade General Tso sauce that I like nearly as well as the sauce I get on the chicken at the little Chinese take-out down the street. Sweet'n'sour I can do, but not General Tso sauce. I think it must depend on the kind of chili sauce they add.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    I haven't found a recipe for homemade General Tso sauce that I like nearly as well as the sauce I get on the chicken at the little Chinese take-out down the street. Sweet'n'sour I can do, but not General Tso sauce. I think it must depend on the kind of chili sauce they add.
    I use Sambal Oelek instead of the whole dried chilies and although it doesn't taste quite the same as the takeout place I go to, it's not bad. It's just ground chili paste with garlic so any other brand should be fine.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

This is very close to the recipe (I don't always measure it out) I make and I just adjust the Sambal to taste:

http://blogchef.net/general-tsos-chicken-recipe/
    Last edited by WitchJezebel; September 24th, 2009 at 11:51 AM.

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Boneless pork chops with General Tso sauce, Spanish rice with green beans, yellow beans and carrots on the side.

I cheat with some of my sauces... I purchase the prepackaged ones.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

(tofu for me)chicken, corn and black bean enchiladas in whole wheat tortillas with cheddar cheese. I want one now
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Whatever the customers order...
    See Now, And Just Be.....

Well wish me luck Im going to try and make my granny’s pot-roast, if it comes out half as good as hers ill be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Rainflower View Post
    Well wish me luck Im going to try and make my granny’s pot-roast, if it comes out half as good as hers ill be happy.
    I made a pot roast on Sunday, it was yummy.

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast