Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    I use Sambal Oelek instead of the whole dried chilies and although it doesn't taste quite the same as the takeout place I go to, it's not bad. It's just ground chili paste with garlic so any other brand should be fine.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

This is very close to the recipe (I don't always measure it out) I make and I just adjust the Sambal to taste:

http://blogchef.net/general-tsos-chicken-recipe/
    Thanks for the links.

I have no idea what I'm fixing for supper tonight. I'm tempted to make sloppy joes, it's been awhile since we had those.

Salmon and steamed veggies

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Wow, I so should NOT have entered this thread....now I'm SOOO hungry! All I had was a can of mushroom soup, were really tight on cash and I sadly can't have a garden here at the apt.'s. Grr arg. You guys all have some great ideas!!! Now I need to scrounge in my cupboards again lol.
    I hate the word housewife; I don't like the word home-maker either. I want to be called Domestic Goddess. By Roseanne Barr

Tonight's dinner will be leftovers from my friend's party last night. It was catered food from this Italian place... so... dang.... good. Luckily for me she always over orders so I'll be taking all that out shortly.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

is offline distracted by shiny objects
    what i am having? either leftover rice w/ veggies... or just my dr. pepper...
    what i want... MEAT!!!!!! i really hate being broke!
    I have been by BearDancing!

~**~Altar for the Beloved dead~**~

~**~Rip Grandpa- 11-23-1993~**~
    ~**~Rip Gramma- 11-09-1997~**~
    ~**~Rip Big Brother Clayton- 06-03-2002~**~
    ~**~Rip Momma- 02-03-2006~**~
    ~**~Rip Daddy- 09-02-2009~**~

I think I am going to make some spaghetti. It's cheap and easy. Probably make some soup tomorrow, then I don't have to cook for the rest of the week.
    Mental retardation strikes every 30 seconds. - D. Duane Tony

Thank you instinct for Merlin.

Think my buddy is making Spaghetti, and he asked me over so I guess it's Spaghetties!

LOL I am making spaghetti tonight. Is it true whole wheat pasta is better for you? I bought all whole wheat pasta at the store the other night. AND I found a sauce with no onions. I forget who makes it but it's sundried tomatoes and basil. I hope it's good cause usually i have to make my own sauce. I wish I had thought to thaw out some hamburger to mix in the sauce..that would have been good. I don't like thawing it in the microwave.

I think tomorrow I may make Chicken Potpie....that's PA Dutch Potpie not the nasty stuff in a crust. Guess I better get a chicken out of the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariste View Post
    LOL I am making spaghetti tonight. Is it true whole wheat pasta is better for you? I bought all whole wheat pasta at the store the other night. AND I found a sauce with no onions. I forget who makes it but it's sundried tomatoes and basil. I hope it's good cause usually i have to make my own sauce. I wish I had thought to thaw out some hamburger to mix in the sauce..that would have been good. I don't like thawing it in the microwave.

I think tomorrow I may make Chicken Potpie....that's PA Dutch Potpie not the nasty stuff in a crust. Guess I better get a chicken out of the freezer.
    I like to freeze my burger and chicken in freezer baggies. Then I can just plunk them in a sink full of hot water and they thaw out in about 30 minutes. I put a pound or so in a baggie, seal it up, and then press it flat so it freezes quick and thaws quick. Same with chicken breasts, just put a couple of nice size ones in the baggie and freeze 'em flat, not stacked.

I like pot pie, with a crust or without. Share your recipe?

Acorn squash and rice with butter!

I am so hungry!

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast