Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: how do you cleanse crystals ?

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by lightdragon View Post
    do the stones get sticky after that. Although I am not surprised ,this is the first time I heard of it. lemon oil i know will not get so sticky. hmmm, a tea infused with lemon peels. you should also add orange and possibly lime peels to it.
    I mix it with water. I should have been more specific. I mix wanter and fresh lemon juice and swirl the stones in it. I've never had a problem with stickiness.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Hawk View Post
    I mix it with water. I should have been more specific. I mix wanter and fresh lemon juice and swirl the stones in it. I've never had a problem with stickiness.
    Oh ok , that's a different story. thanks for clearing that up.

did you ever experiment with 3 parts orange juice or oil, 2 parts lemon juice or oil , 2 parts lemongrass oil and one part lime juice or oil. and add that to the water? that is a general house purifying oil. usually not meant for crystals. but if lemon juice works why not this.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith_1972 View Post
    There are many ways to cleanse new crystals. Here is what I do:

First, I let them soak in salt water. Then if there is a full moon out, I set them in my windows over night. Then the next morning, I light some incense and I run them through the smoke several times.

Easy as pie.
    I do the same thing ( sans the smoke) I set them out in a crystal bowl under a full moon in salt water ( I am a Cancer, Mother Ocean is good for me) I am land locked so I make salt water from sea salt and water I set out to detox.
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by lightdragon View Post
    Oh ok , that's a different story. thanks for clearing that up.

did you ever experiment with 3 parts orange juice or oil, 2 parts lemon juice or oil , 2 parts lemongrass oil and one part lime juice or oil. and add that to the water? that is a general house purifying oil. usually not meant for crystals. but if lemon juice works why not this.

I have heard of this type of recipe, I have never tried it. I am big on simplicity. I find that just the lemon juice does a fantastic job, takes 30 seconds to make and bang it's done. Plus lemons grow everywhere here, so it's also free
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

lavender oil, ususally on the full moon
    -Moon Mistress

"Religion is for people who are afraid of hell and Spirituality is for people who have been to hell and back."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Hawk View Post
    I have heard of this type of recipe, I have never tried it. I am big on simplicity. I find that just the lemon juice does a fantastic job, takes 30 seconds to make and bang it's done. Plus lemons grow everywhere here, so it's also free
    no problem.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

with the sun, it can sometimes change the color of a crystal if left out too long.
    yes that is true. I have also found that to be the same when it is not in direct light and kept more in the dark.

Rowan Darkmoon Guest
    I usually just set them on a window sill and let them sit in sun and moon light. I find this works very well.

Is simply letting them sit in salt water enough to cleanse them if they aren't particularly negatively charged or giving off what feels to be bad energies??

How long do they need to sit in the salt water???

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lithiumkat View Post
    Is simply letting them sit in salt water enough to cleanse them if they aren't particularly negatively charged or giving off what feels to be bad energies??

How long do they need to sit in the salt water???

Thank you.
    first up it depends on the stone. some stones can not tolerate water such and angelite as that will damage the stone. stones that could take it usually takes from an hour to three hours or so. use your intuition for exactly how long.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast