Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: how do you cleanse crystals ?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by lightdragon View Post
    do the stones get sticky after that. Although I am not surprised ,this is the first time I heard of it. lemon oil i know will not get so sticky. hmmm, a tea infused with lemon peels. you should also add orange and possibly lime peels to it.
    I mix it with water. I should have been more specific. I mix wanter and fresh lemon juice and swirl the stones in it. I've never had a problem with stickiness.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

    But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

    And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

    "I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Hawk View Post
    I mix it with water. I should have been more specific. I mix wanter and fresh lemon juice and swirl the stones in it. I've never had a problem with stickiness.
    Oh ok , that's a different story. thanks for clearing that up.

    did you ever experiment with 3 parts orange juice or oil, 2 parts lemon juice or oil , 2 parts lemongrass oil and one part lime juice or oil. and add that to the water? that is a general house purifying oil. usually not meant for crystals. but if lemon juice works why not this.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!



    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith_1972 View Post
    There are many ways to cleanse new crystals. Here is what I do:

    First, I let them soak in salt water. Then if there is a full moon out, I set them in my windows over night. Then the next morning, I light some incense and I run them through the smoke several times.

    .

    Easy as pie.
    I do the same thing ( sans the smoke) I set them out in a crystal bowl under a full moon in salt water ( I am a Cancer, Mother Ocean is good for me) I am land locked so I make salt water from sea salt and water I set out to detox.
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by lightdragon View Post
    Oh ok , that's a different story. thanks for clearing that up.

    did you ever experiment with 3 parts orange juice or oil, 2 parts lemon juice or oil , 2 parts lemongrass oil and one part lime juice or oil. and add that to the water? that is a general house purifying oil. usually not meant for crystals. but if lemon juice works why not this.

    I have heard of this type of recipe, I have never tried it. I am big on simplicity. I find that just the lemon juice does a fantastic job, takes 30 seconds to make and bang it's done. Plus lemons grow everywhere here, so it's also free
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

    But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

    And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

    "I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Where Summer never dies
    Posts
    30
    lavender oil, ususally on the full moon
    -Moon Mistress

    "Religion is for people who are afraid of hell and Spirituality is for people who have been to hell and back."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Hawk View Post
    I have heard of this type of recipe, I have never tried it. I am big on simplicity. I find that just the lemon juice does a fantastic job, takes 30 seconds to make and bang it's done. Plus lemons grow everywhere here, so it's also free
    no problem.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!



    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32,064
    with the sun, it can sometimes change the color of a crystal if left out too long.
    yes that is true. I have also found that to be the same when it is not in direct light and kept more in the dark.

  8. #18
    Rowan Darkmoon Guest
    I usually just set them on a window sill and let them sit in sun and moon light. I find this works very well.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20
    Is simply letting them sit in salt water enough to cleanse them if they aren't particularly negatively charged or giving off what feels to be bad energies??

    How long do they need to sit in the salt water???

    Thank you.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lithiumkat View Post
    Is simply letting them sit in salt water enough to cleanse them if they aren't particularly negatively charged or giving off what feels to be bad energies??

    How long do they need to sit in the salt water???

    Thank you.
    first up it depends on the stone. some stones can not tolerate water such and angelite as that will damage the stone. stones that could take it usually takes from an hour to three hours or so. use your intuition for exactly how long.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!



    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •