Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: how do you cleanse crystals ?

I try not to soak mine, especially in salt water. It can strip away the surfaces of some stones and completely dissolve others!

Instead, try smudging with white sage, or wormwood. Or, mix wormwood into hot water (like tea) and allow to cool to room temperature. Dip the crystal in with your fingers and "wash" it with the mixture, then rinse and dry with a "shamwow" type cloth to remove any moisture before storing them.

Wormwood's cleansing and consecrating effect is extremely long-lasting and you rally have to do some serious badness to an object cleansed with it to "contaminate" it afterward.

After they're dry I charge mine on a large quartz cluster that has a citrine and kyanite crystal on it at all times. However, simply holding the crystal in your hands, and using focus to gently lend energy to th stone works just as well.
    Last edited by EntwinedScylla; September 25th, 2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Fixing slpelling errors caused by bad laptop keyboard

Thank you. I've found your replies very helpful. I'll try to make sure to always look up and find out if a stone can take the water or not...

There are soooooooo many ways, just got to find what you like best.

You could use salt and water, just water, maybe run them under the tap, set them under the moon and/or sun, use a smudge stick or incense, or even a citrine stone - it doesn't really need cleansed, but is great for cleansing other stones. Just place it in with them.

Be careful though, cause some stones can react badly to sunlight or salt and water.

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleWitchy View Post
    There are soooooooo many ways, just got to find what you like best.

You could use salt and water, just water, maybe run them under the tap, set them under the moon and/or sun, use a smudge stick or incense,
    agreed.

or even a citrine stone - it doesn't really need cleansed, but is great for cleansing other stones.
    one of the greatest misconceptions about citrine and some other stones is that they never need cleansing of any sort. This is not true. While citrine has a greater amount of energy it will need cleansing. and it could take salt water and water for an indifinite amount of time.

Just place it in with them.

Be careful though, cause some stones can react badly to sunlight or salt and water.
    oh this is true.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I use water, sea salt, and apple cider vinegar. I either put them in the moonlight when there is a full moon, the sun, or a sunny window. I charge them by passing them over a candle flame, when I am doing my rituals.
    “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years”

Thomas Wolfe

How do YOU cleanse your crystals?

I either run/soak mine through hot water (but not every stone is okay for that) or I blow air continuously on them.

On a related point, which crystals are NOT okay for soaking in water?

I cleanse my stones by holding them under running water. We're blessed with very good tap water in our area, although just up the road it's too contaminated to drink.

Lately I've been catching rain water and using that to cleanse my crystals and stones. Next good snow we have I intend to melt and bottle for ritual and cleansing purposes.

So far I've never had a crystal or stone "complain" about my cleansing techniques, although you might think about taking stones specifically related to Earth (like tigers-eye) and burying it in the ground or a container full of fertile soil.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldspirit View Post

Lately I've been catching rain water and using that to cleanse my crystals and stones. Next good snow we have I intend to melt and bottle for ritual and cleansing purposes.

I love love love this snow idea, I might just try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miwu View Post

On a related point, which crystals are NOT okay for soaking in water?
    Selinite, the white crystal with the long rod structure often used for wands. It's a salt and water soluble.

Personally, I don't bother with a physical component to the cleansing. A physically dirty stone can be cleaned with a rag. For psychic cleaning I run node energy through it. That clears out any lingering psychic traces.

Several methods. I cleanse them with rain water or snow. I bury them in the yard and let the moon bless them. And, if the crystals cannot be damaged by it, I let the sun cleanse them as well. This, however, generally isn't a good idea for rose quartz, as I have learned *blushes*
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast