Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: how do you cleanse crystals ?

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    I used to put them in water blended with sea salt under the new or full moon. It worked wonders for me.

ETA: The ones who wouldn't handle water so well I'd put in Himalayan rock salt under the new or full moon.

Salt is a universal cleanser.

The Ones that wouldn't handle salt or water I'd pass through rosemary incense smoke.
    Last edited by Aeon Flux; December 25th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm thinking more and more that I like the water/snow idea, it seems to cleanse almost ALL crystals.

I use spring water, or place them on my altar in a bowl with rice or sea salt covering them for a few hours. The bowl is specifically for this use, and the salt or rice is thrown away afterwards.

I charge by moonlight and intent.

Hot or cold water?

At least one of my stones likes hot water. (my favorite piece) Also, is there any harm in leaving tourmaline out in the sunlight?

is offline walking the road to see where it leads
    a quick salt water rinse (and I mean quick rinse) for my quartz, a quick negativity whisk charge to the stone and call it good until the stone is needed. ... there was a very special rare stone I had once... it got the deluxe treatment... but it was for things not liteworthy so it shall not be mentioned further...
    Per Mare, Per Terras!!!

Feel Free to PM me with your request

*sigh* I finally did it... thar be my dragons, pwease qwick them... I don't want to go to jail for neglect... what'd a dragon ever do to you??

Your friendly solitary non-traditional eclectic.

"Follow me into the depths of insanity, leave beliefs and apprehensions at the door"- quoth the ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Miwu View Post
    Hot or cold water?

At least one of my stones likes hot water. (my favorite piece) Also, is there any harm in leaving tourmaline out in the sunlight?
    not to my knowledge except for pink tourmaline.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

)0(PurpleGoddess)0( One quick tip, since you seem new to such things. Never, for the love of gods EVER, use household cleansers to clean anything magickal. Ammonia destroys magic. Lemon or orange oil followed by a rinse of pure water is best, then an infusion of mugwort if you've got it.

On the flip side of that coin, if you've got an object that seems negative, "cursed" or what-have-you and you're not sure how to safely dispose of it, by all means dunk it in Lysol!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldspirit View Post
    )0(PurpleGoddess)0( One quick tip, since you seem new to such things. Never, for the love of gods EVER, use household cleansers to clean anything magickal.
    Ammonia destroys magic.
    I would say ammonia cleanses. in any cleansing it deprograms the stone. hence it would destroy magical energy stored in it. but it depends on how long and how much. the energy of the stone would be uneffected. however some stones will react to certain chemicals and might actually destroy the stone itself or rot it.

Lemon or orange oil followed by a rinse of pure water is best, then an infusion of mugwort if you've got it.
    this is one of many techiques to employ.

On the flip side of that coin, if you've got an object that seems negative, "cursed" or what-have-you and you're not sure how to safely dispose of it, by all means dunk it in Lysol!
    i would recommend sea water,water with sea salt or just dump it in the sea. the ocean itself is a natural purifier. especially with a cursed object.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I clean them by either pouring salt water over them and letting them dry in the sun/moonlight on my windowsill [depending on what kind they are I may not put them in the daylight, even if it's just cloudy- made that mistake with my first turquoise!].

This is simply something I like to do for my crystals, I've never heard of anyone else doing it at least... Every night that I actively use a crystal/stone, I let them rest in a bowl of herbs next to either a candle or incense. I choose the herb/candle/incense in relation to where I need their guidance in the following day or as a sort of offering of gratitude.
    i am not a pretty girl. that's not what i do. i ain't no damsel in distress and i don't need to be rescued. so put me down, punk. perhaps you'd prefer a maiden fair... isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere? --ani difranco
    The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice Kingsley: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are..."

Wink

It depends on what type of crystal it is usually. Tumbled I use salt and let them sit out for awhile. Crystals I let the moon cleanse them until I wake up. Sometimes I even use a white candle and meditate while holding the crystal above it and thinking of positive energy flowing through it. Do what's best for you and what you feel comfortable with. I'm planning on putting my crystals inside mother earths ground and healing them that way.

Be Gentle With The Earth

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast