Thread: Medusa ( greek / folklore )

Medusa ( greek / folklore )

Anyone believe in medusa..?

I def , do ..I've always been fasinated by Medusa and the stories of how looking at her , turns you to stone for eternity..

is just a very fasinating tale..

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysadefairy View Post
    is just a very fasinating tale..
    I've always been fascinated with her in regard to the birth of Pegasus. I read once in a biography that Joseph Campbell would use the analogy of Medusa and Pegasus to tell people about creativity. I.E. Cut your head off to give birth (to ideas.)

Great stuff.

is offline Inner Goddess Of Morbid Thoughts
    I dont know too much on her, but i do know that she was beautiful till Posiedon raped her. I think Athena turned her into The gorgon. i cant remember why though.
    Bouncey, Bouncey, Bouncey......

"are the bad people gone?"

commander sheapard: Put more of the stuff in the... the thing more stuff goes in.

Commander Shepard: You think I'm crazy, don't you?
    Urdnott Wrex: Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.

Ashley Williams: Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa

In a late version of the Medusa myth, related by the Roman poet Ovid (Metamorphoses 4.770), Medusa was originally a beautiful maiden, "the jealous aspiration of many suitors," priestess in Athena's temple, but when she was raped, or seduced, by the "Lord of the Sea" Poseidon in Athena's temple, the enraged virgin goddess transformed her beautiful hair to serpents and made her face so terrible to behold that the mere sight of it would turn a man to stone. In Ovid's telling, Perseus describes Medusa's punishment by Athena as just and well-deserved.
    That's one version.

In another I read, she was a willing partner and Athena was enraged because of the disrespect to her temple.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Fasinatin