Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Tea house

cielamara -- i love your avatar! awesome and hilarious.

i've been into ceylon rose black tea as well as vanilla spice chai. mmm chai...
    if you don't mind your teas coming in powder form, i'd highly recommend big train's spice chai. it's the chai of my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cielamara View Post
    I would like to announce that jasmine silver needle tea from Adagio, prepared with vanilla and lavender sugar...

is AMAZING. Holy mother of God.
    Wow, that does sound lovely! One of my favourite teas is Jasmine. I generally like flower teas such as Chrysanthemum. Pu'er tea is another good one as its health benefits are remarkable.

This takes me back to memories of wonderful traditional tea ceremonies in China and all the complicated rules on how to brew proper tea.

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    I am sipping organic green tea, and I am irritated.

Personally I find it extremely hard to be a public Atheist in today's climate. People calling you "immoral" and saying "I pity you" just because you don't believe they can control the weather... seriously.
    Or eluding to the fact that you would be more likely to murder someone than a person who believes in God simply on that basis.

When you look at religion they have rules about stoning people to death because of eating meat on a Friday... or working on a Friday... or turning a light on and off.

I find it hilarious when Pagans wants to play the underdogs and martyrs of the world, yelling about persecution when they are more than happy to treat Atheists worse than they have been treated... and when fact is that Atheists have been persecuted far worse than Pagans ever have.

Am I the only one who finds killing someone because they don't believe in you absurd?

Yes, I'm having a winge. So sue me.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun Alma View Post
    I am sipping organic green tea, and I am irritated.

Personally I find it extremely hard to be a public Atheist in today's climate. People calling you "immoral" and saying "I pity you" just because you don't believe they can control the weather... seriously.
    Or eluding to the fact that you would be more likely to murder someone than a person who believes in God simply on that basis.

When you look at religion they have rules about stoning people to death because of eating meat on a Friday... or working on a Friday... or turning a light on and off.

I find it hilarious when Pagans wants to play the underdogs and martyrs of the world, yelling about persecution when they are more than happy to treat Atheists worse than they have been treated... and when fact is that Atheists have been persecuted far worse than Pagans ever have.

Am I the only one who finds killing someone because they don't believe in you absurd?

Yes, I'm having a winge. So sue me.
    I agree completely...there was a time when it was hip for pagans to bash christians, but apparently atheists are the biggest threat now because at least christians share a belief in some giant invisable genie that makes them special.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    I agree completely...there was a time when it was hip for pagans to bash christians, but apparently atheists are the biggest threat now because at least christians share a belief in some giant invisable genie that makes them special.

In my experience, pagans are much more intolerant than Christians...all the while they are screaming for tolerance.

Very strange.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun Alma View Post
    Right now I am sipping green tea and contemplating the aspects of my so-called atheistic spirituality. I can't really say for sure if spirituality is the correct term for it since it's mainly based on psychological theories and scientific theories.

Is a spirituality really spiritual if you know it's based on psychological rituals designed to keep oneself sane?
    LOVE THIS. Aaah I am reading all of your posts and I love everything you say, haha. High five.

Drinking green tea at the moment.

Namaste & Blessed Be } |

My Blog: http://littlecitywitch.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aaden Aeval View Post
    LOVE THIS. Aaah I am reading all of your posts and I love everything you say, haha. High five.

Drinking green tea at the moment.
    Thanks.

I am contemplating making a cup of tea and then take my third walk for the day. The sun has been out and everything is so beautiful today.
    Flowers beginning to open, spring is in the air and I'm loving the scents twirling around me.

I think the tea might have to be... a cup of green tea or, quite possibly, a cup of vanilla rooibos. It depends on. I've overdosed on peppermint tea the past couple of weeks.

I think the vanilla will help me calm down my nerves and clear my head of the recent overload of idiocy around me.

*takes deep breath and smiles* My mind is already walking down the street.

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Pssst! Y'all! Want a podcast with your tea? The Secular Buddhist talks Secular Paganism. Rawk!
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Chamomile and spearmint tea to sip while reading Richard Dawkins book "The Greatest Show On Earth". My kind of evening.

I am drinking some delicious tea right now! I forget what flavor (lol) but it's sweet and has a spicy kick to it. SO yummy.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast