Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Film: The Fourth Kind

is offline Just another brick in the wall

Film: The Fourth Kind

It seems to center around Nome in Alaska. The premise is about alien abduction.

Milla Jovovich is the main character in the film but it seems to draw upon peoples experiences regarding alien abduction.

Watch the trailer fist and post your thoughts on it.

http://www.thefourthkind.net/#

Well? Could be a new Mothman Prophecy type of film. But at least with Jovovich there is no zombies.
    Date a Brit, they need the attention.

Mary had a little lamb
    Court case Tuesday

This movie looks like miles of fun!

--Kaos
    “Nothing alive is the same from moment to moment. To live is to face the unknown over and over again.“

The 4th Kind

Is it a hoax? Is it real? I know I am talking about a movie here, but I though it might pertain to this forum as well, as with others.

In this movie, it "seems" (as I do not know much information about this) that what the "aliens" are abducting is our astral selves.

Basically - what is out there? I will do more research tomorrow on the search forum and other places as well (obviously), but as it stands... have you seen this movie? What do you think?

I am incredibly curious. Any thoughts - link directions (from MW too) anything will be appreciated. I am not a UFO/ALIEN sci-fi person, but I do find it impossible that we are the only living, conscious life out there in our vast universe. I apologize if I am not using the correct terminology here (scientific/definition terminology), but it is all I know.

Thank you

Its a hoax.

Research has been done, it was all made up. Which was deeply disapponting, but also, quite frankly, to be expected. I mean, the Sumerian name-dropping heavily hinted it was going into bullshit territory for me, as did some of the more extreme "archive" footage, but later research on the internet confirms it.

Good marketing, though. Can't fault them on using it to create a buzz, that was mainly why I decided to see that mediocre horror in the first place.
    "Polidori once asked Byron what, besides scribble verses, he could do better than Polidori himself. Byron icily replied: 'Three things. First, I can hit with a pistol the keyhole of that door. Secondly, I can swim across that river to yonder point. And thirdly, I can give you a damned good thrashing.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
    Its a hoax.

Research has been done, it was all made up. Which was deeply disapponting, but also, quite frankly, to be expected. I mean, the Sumerian name-dropping heavily hinted it was going into bullshit territory for me, as did some of the more extreme "archive" footage, but later research on the internet confirms it.

Good marketing, though. Can't fault them on using it to create a buzz, that was mainly why I decided to see that mediocre horror in the first place.
    Oh, forgot about this thread.

Yea, I saw it was a complete hoax. Still cool movie.

The movie sucked anyways.
    Way too much police involvement & annoying looking actors.

I found the film some what disturbing even if it was a hoax, the so called case study footage was so distored i filled most parts in with my over active imagenation. I'm not some UFO nut but the film touched on some things i've felt maybe that was the idea to let peoples minds do the the work and play on that its very cleaver in my eyes if it is just a hoax.

I'm not by any means saying it was real but it was a film for me that touched on something in my mind and made that part of me run riot and it left me with that sinking feeling we've all had when we were children and we palyed near that haunted house(there is always one when we are children). Pretty neat in my book as i've not seen a film in years that caused me to react in that way so i'd give it a tumbs up. It is way better then paranormal activity in my eyes which i found complety childish and unthought provoking but they are both about the same thing playing on our minds to make us think its real.
    Yes i'm dis......... dis lec ......... dis lec sick, ok i can't spell.

I ARE USING MY BEST ENGLANG TO TYPE!!!

I ARE SERIOUS OH WAIT IM AQUARIUS NEVER MIND, CRAZY OR GENEIOUS CAN I BE BOTH???

Just beacause you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exsist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan_Soldier View Post
    I found the film some what disturbing even if it was a hoax, the so called case study footage was so distored i filled most parts in with my over active imagenation. I'm not some UFO nut but the film touched on some things i've felt maybe that was the idea to let peoples minds do the the work and play on that its very cleaver in my eyes if it is just a hoax.

I'm not by any means saying it was real but it was a film for me that touched on something in my mind and made that part of me run riot and it left me with that sinking feeling we've all had when we were children and we palyed near that haunted house(there is always one when we are children). Pretty neat in my book as i've not seen a film in years that caused me to react in that way so i'd give it a tumbs up. It is way better then paranormal activity in my eyes which i found complety childish and unthought provoking but they are both about the same thing playing on our minds to make us think its real.
    I really feel that a lot of movies and musicians are made from the higher realms influence on us.

The UFO was actually Sarah Palin's Wolf-Copter.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all convictions, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Blue View Post
    The UFO was actually Sarah Palin's Wolf-Copter.
    LOL! That cracked me up! It explains everything!

It seemed like the movie stole some things from the book Communion, especially when it talked about the owl.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast